Sliders revival, possible (NBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Bring it on

John Rhys-Davies;
"Jerry had been pestering me for a number of years and we’re actually talking to NBC at the moment to see if there’s any possibility of rebooting the series, They’re looking into the basic question of who actually owns it? At the moment we don’t seem to be able to find that out.”

I would do it again, if just to show how it should be done. It could have been the best show on television, it could still be on the air. I think maybe if we got another chance at doing it with the new technology, but also new stories, I think we could do something quite extraordinary. I wouldn’t want to do it for the rest of my life, but I would do it for a season or two if it was right.”

Exclusive: John Rhys-Davies and Jerry O'Connell talking to NBC about potential Sliders revival

81xYcBRpTRL._SL1500_.jpg

For some reason I had it in my head Davies had passed away. Anyway, used to watch this back in the day, so interesting news.

For some reason I had it in my head Davies had passed away. Anyway, used to watch this back in the day, so interesting news.

Davis, now 74, would had been aged 50 when Sliders started

Last edited:
Davis, now 74, would had been aged 39 when Sliders started

Blimey, is it really that old!

That makes me feel old now!

Sliders was excellent till they started to lose cast members and it went all a bit wrong. Jerry leaving was really the nail in the coffin.

Blimey, is it really that old!

That makes me feel old now!

Sliders was excellent till they started to lose cast members and it went all a bit wrong. Jerry leaving was really the nail in the coffin.

correction on Davis, show is 24yrs old

Hmm, I remember loving this show back in the day when it was on BBC2.

"Horror" started showing it back in Jan and I eagerly started recording it. I watched about half an episode and gave up...it REALLY hasn't aged well. :rolleyes:

Can't see a reboot being much better. After all, "Sliders" was essentially a rip-off of "The Fantastic Journey" (The Fantastic Journey (TV Series 1977) - IMDb) which lasted just 10 episodes.

I don't think I ever saw the final two seasons as the BBC never aired them, last one I saw ended with Quinn and Maggie on what looked like Earth in the far future and that was it.

They’re looking into the basic question of who actually owns it? At the moment we don’t seem to be able to find that out.”

Probably waiting for it to be put into production so they can fire off a law suit and make some real cash from it.

Last edited:
I don't think I ever saw the final two seasons as the BBC never aired them...
I must admit I'm not sure if they showed them all or not. I do recall that around that time they started messing around with the days on which they were showing episodes of the various sc-fi shows they were running in that 6pm timeslot. I missed quite a lot of "Roswell" because of that (especially when, without warning, they moved it to a Sunday morning slot). :(

BTW Was it "Sliders" where the squeaky front gate was a clue as to whether they'd made it home, or am I thinking of something else?

I must admit I'm not sure if they showed them all or not. I do recall that around that time they started messing around with the days on which they were showing episodes of the various sc-fi shows they were running in that 6pm timeslot. I missed quite a lot of "Roswell" because of that (especially when, without warning, they moved it to a Sunday morning slot). :(

BTW Was it "Sliders" where the squeaky front gate was a clue as to whether they'd made it home, or am I thinking of something else?

Yep that’s Sliders.

I used to watch this, even bought the first three seasons. Although I can't remember much about them now, perhaps it's time for re-watch.

Recently got the lot on Blu-ray from Germany, S5 is bad but still surprisingly watchable.......just not for the best of reasons :laugh:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

Yeah thats the one.
And Quinn turned up home just 10 minutes after his moms handyman had oiled it. So he didn't think he was home at all, so carried on jumping.
I don't remember much about this series but I do remember that particular stand out moment and remember feeling really sad about it.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom