Slide show software

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by arthurdentpc, Dec 21, 2006.

1. arthurdentpc

arthurdentpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I've had a search for something like this, but didn't find anything, so apologies in advance if this has been asked before :

Can anyone recommend free / cheap and simple software to create an mpeg file (or similar) from a sequence of digital stills ? I had in mind something basic with only the ability to add mp3 alngside the stills, and vary the length a still was displayed for. The end file is intended for use on an Xbox 360.

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    ProShow Gold is simple to use, you can add music to your Slides and can vary how much time each goes for.

Although you don't need it ( yet) you can pan ,zoom, do titles and transitions
    but it is not free, as is the case with many software with mpeg encoders
    You can download a trial version here. You may be able to get an older version for not a lot and it is perfectly capable of what you want to do and more.
    I have tried links to some free software, one of which was far from intuitive, the other contained adware ( ? spyware?)

Ulead CD/ DVD Pictureshow ( now on ver 4) is one I used to use which is inexpensive and easy to use but for your requirements ( esp output to mpeg) Proshow Gold is recommended

3. arthurdentpc

arthurdentpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks for that - I've downloaded the trial and it looks good. I've also found some old free software that came with a Fuji camera - it isn't as nice, but it might do the job.