SLi system problems

C

cyberleish

Thought I was doing the wise thing building my new computer adding in two nvidea cards (7600gt's) and sli connecting them. So I have 4 dvi connections and 2 hd ones. Nforce mobo to add to the compatibility so I thought.

Great, except i couldnt for the life of me get my hd movies to display on my fujitsu/Seimens plasma. Finally got it working by disabling the sli function (so rendering the 2nd card useless?). So if I want to watch a movie i disable the sli (which requires a system reset) and if i want to play games I need to enable it.

Surely there is a better way? Any help appreciated. The quality of hd from pc to plasma is outstanding but what a bunch of messing around to get it there :0(

Both pc monitor and plasma screen connected via dvi.

do you have the latest nvidia drivers?

and have you check all dvi outputs in sli mode, as yes itr does disable 1 of the cards from out putting full stop.

yes latest drivers.

Sli seems to require you to choose a single display only so in sli i can use one monitor on sli or 2 monitors without sli but as you say only one graphics card is on in this mode.

I can cope with that but need to find out the best way of switching, are there profiles i can set up or is dual boot an option?

At the moment it takes a pile of messing around every time i want to play a movie.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom