? Sli config ?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Xbox360_Junkie, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya guys

I am thinking about purchasing a new gaming machine online, with this Sli graphics configuration. However, before I go ahead and do this, I wish to ask you guys a question. You see, Im slightly confused! Having two GPU's will mean two DVI connectors are available on the back of the initial base unit. How would I connect, using the provided DVI cable, my monitor to the 2 x DVI connections located on each GPU? Would I use the digital DVI cable provided and connect one end to the rear of the LCD display, and the other to the PRIMARY graphics card. Which card this will be, I have no idea.

Many thanks :clap:

2. semiskimmed

semiskimmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    you dont need to connect both up as you can have multi monitor support whilst using SLI anyway. the 2 cards are connected internally, within the case.
    just a note though, what monitor do you have? what resolutions does it support?

3. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks man for the reply - The Monitor including in the system is described below:

19" Viewsonic VA1912W Digital & Multi Media Widescreen with LCD TFT Display
    Viewable Area: 19.0" Optimum Resolution: 1440x900 Response Time: 8ms - Its not the best but far better than anything Ive previoulsy had for PC gaming!

I thought that the GPU's would be connected together internally via some sort of bridge...am I right then In saying: All I need to do is connect the display to one of the two cards (PRIMARY) via a single DVI cable?

Many thanks again

4. semiskimmed

semiskimmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    yeah, just like this:
    [​IMG]

and then the one with the vga-> adapter would be the one connected to the monitor