1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleepy Hollow DTS Japan or French?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ilovedts, Jul 20, 2004.

1. ilovedts

ilovedts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which version of Sleepy Hollow DTS is the best to get? :confused: I've read the reviews on this site & the Japan full bitrate seems better, but is the full bitrate soundtrack worth paying the extra? :confused: :thumbsup:

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With your avatar mate, if I told you I had owned both and that there was no difference between the dts track on either and the Dolby Digital track on the version you could pick up for £5.99 in HMV, you're not gonna believe me, are you...? ;)

3. ilovedts

ilovedts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, I will! :cool:

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right then, if it's the film you want to SEE and not the soundtrack you want to LISTEN TO, save youreself a whole load of hassle and money, pop down to HMV and get the R2 version for £5.99... :thumbsup:

5. ilovedts

ilovedts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. BrunnenMatt

BrunnenMatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope these helps.

Japan DVD: The AV presentation is fabulous and in my opinion represents the best version of the movie to date with an incredibly dramatic and engaging DTS track, which does improve enough on the Dolby track to justify making the investment. The extras or lack of extras is a real disappointment, but don't let this omission stop you from missing out on a real cracker. Sleepy Hollow comes highly recommended!. DVD Therapy Review

Japan DVD:A brilliantly crafted movie presented with excellent picture and sound but shameful extras. The DTS track does make a difference but whether it’s worth the hassle of importing this disc will be up to you.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114018

France DVD:If you don't have this movie in your collection then I would definitely point you towards this edition of the disc. It has all the same extras as the UK disc but has the all important DTS track that is well worth having in my opinion. Go search it out, I ordered mine from a UK site and the cost? A mere £15. Good value. 9/10
    www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78757

If you like extra's the French DVD might be a better purchase but I think it has been deleted and might be hard to find but I have not found a review what compares the two DTS tracks.

...BMatt

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DTS bitrate on the Japanese disc is not a full one is it ?

8. ilovedts

ilovedts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BrunnenMatt, CHEERS :thumbsup:

9. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've got the French Disc - It is in my top 5 DTS tracks...

10. BrunnenMatt

BrunnenMatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FoxyMulderThe DTS bitrate on the Japanese disc is not a full one is it?

This site review said it was only: DTS 5.1 (768kbps) but DVD Therapy Review says: The main difference between the two releases is that the French version was half bit rate (768 kbps), probably due to the fact that the disc had both French and English 5.1 DTS tracks eating up the compression space. Whereas this new Japanese release has a full bit rate (1536 kbps) DTS track. There's also a 5.1 Dolby Digital (448 kbps) and a DD 2.0 (224 kbps) included on the disc.

Maybe THX 1138 might be able to check his DVD, but I have read many discussions on the Japanese disc and everybody has mention it is Full Bitrate.

...BMatt

11. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wrote the review for DVD Therapy and can confirm that the Japanese edition does have a full bitrate DTS track. Never heard the French disc, but if anyone out there has both versions it would be interesting to hear how the tracks compare.

popeye

12. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,080
    The review shows 768kbps by mistake, this has been sorted it should be 1526kbps, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

13. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I have the French version - a good soundtrack but a crap film so whats the point ?

14. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Curse this thread, I ment to buy this film ages ago with the dts track. But i forgot all about it and never got around to it and now this thread has popped up it looks like i'am gonnahave to get it now its on my mind. This is the 3rd dts dvd i bought in lesss than a week.