1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleepy Barco Data 801S

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by j19hnd, May 29, 2004.

1. j19hnd

j19hnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 801 has been reliable for 2-3 years, however recently I have been having a problem after the projector has been running for about 40 minutes.

After that time the screen goes blank and the projector powers down and will not restart. Switching off the power for half an hour allows it to restart.

When the projector shuts down all the yellow led's next to the G2 / Focus block go out and the row of red led's are as follows:-

Error - on Block Match - on Process Cycles - flickers Stdby Power - on

has anyone experienced a similar problem or have any idea what could be wrong.

thanks

John

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    j19hnd:

Sorry to hear about the problems with your PJ, maybe someone like Roland or one of the wizards can help you out ??

Have you tried to reseat all the cards, they can work themselves loose over time , especially when using a big subwoofer.

I'm still a newbie when it come to CRT PJ's, but i'm learning all the time !! :smashin:

Cheers

Cosmic023

3. j19hnd

j19hnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank`s Cosmic023 for your thoughts i wil try reseat all the cards but i am still waitting for Roland or one of the wizards to reply

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,983
    I get the same problem most nights i use my Barco 800, it doesn't shut down completely the power starts pulsing as if it is trying to restart again. I leave it for about 20mins then press the power button and it comes back on and stays on for the rest of the night. Strange.

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    John I think you are experiencing a scan fail shut down. If it was an EHT problem the projector usually keeps running but no picture.
    You may have a dry joint on the Vertical or horzontal board., go over these with a soldering iron if you feel up to it.
    It could also be the power supply giving up again these suffered from dry solder joints.
    Reseating the cards my help if they have not been touched for a few years.
    Untill this becomes a reproducable failure its nearly impossibel to help I'm afraid.

6. j19hnd

j19hnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys i will try all your fixes and see if they help . the advice is much appreciated

7. bpasco

bpasco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm curious what the solution to your problem was. I have the exact same issue, with the same symptoms and indicators, on my 808s. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

8. j19hnd

j19hnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have fixed my problem with a very good and proven solution that fixes most TV and other electrical things when you open the case there is a large metal plate on the left hand side near the diodes hit it very hard with your hand a right good thump and it kicks back into live sometimes it can be fixed for months or just a short time but do the same again and it should work .hehehehehe .
    I must have a dry connection I have tried all the boards but cant see anything wrong, but the bit that I hit is right at the power input so I may have a bad power pack. I just hit it through frustration and it worked so have some fun venting your frustration out at the Pj . Good luck

9. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    John
    Exclent solution :thumbsup:

Here's the rest of us wondering if resistor 141 should be 10k or 10.000001k. or perhaps the mains input voltage should be 230v rather the 229.7v.

"No mate just give a good thump, show it who's boss"

10. j19hnd

j19hnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the support Roland but do you have any of these parts cheap. I can`t source the following second hand parts cheap how much would you charge me .

1. for Barco 701 - convergence board 762454 780319-1 0594

2. for Barco 701s - input board R762228 780352-1 4595

thanks

John