Sleeper Cell

Hawklord

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I saw this advertised today and thought I'd give those who haven't seen this series a heads up. It's really worth a look if you haven't seen it already

Starts wednesday 24th on Channel 4 @10pm:smashin:

I watched this a few months ago, really really good. Straddled the line well between realism and "24" style drama.

Hawklord said:
I saw this advertised today and thought I'd give those who haven't seen this series a heads up. It's really worth a look if you haven't seen it already

Thanks for that - at last a logo free and (hopefully) widescrren screening of the best series since Band Of Brothers (IMO)

yep it is a pretty good show well worth a watch

Hawklord said:

echoing everyone else...Fantastic show!:thumbsup:

R2 dvds out in september

i could be wrong but i'm sure i read somewhere that sleeper cell was going to be heavily edited in order to fit the number of time slots that the show has ...... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465353/board/nest/49101742

possibly take this with a pinch of salt

looks like the poster on the imdb link i posted has removed the posts about the re-editing of sleeper cell, apparently he worked for channel 4 and was in charge of editing ........ he could of course be talking a load of ****e though........

On the planner the first episode is an hour and a half, sounds about right.

Excellent tv series & in light of recent terrorist developments will certainly make you think twice about going to certain places.

regards

Gary

HI,

Channel 4 are NOT censoring "Sleeper Cell". Instead of airing 10 individual hour-long episodes, they are joining them together, into 5 two-hour movies (well, 105 minutes each), instead, so that the channel can air them in the space of 5 weeks before the major Autumn TV schedules starts to kick-in. Thus, each episode will be approximately 100-105 minutes long, and actually you are simply getting episodes grouped together, e.g. 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc, etc.

Also, because of the subject matter, e.g. terrorism, Islam, etc, Channel 4 are desperately hoping that the show won't get them too much bad press coverage, for "insensitivity" by airing this series, whilst the current news events are still playing out in the UK, the USA, and in the East.

Pooch

Why join them ?
Show 1 then 2.

Why would there be more adverts if the shows time length is shortened ?

I keep feeling like David Brent is talking to me when you reply.:D

PoochJD said:
HI,

Channel 4 are NOT censoring "Sleeper Cell". Instead of airing 10 individual hour-long episodes, they are joining them together, into 5 two-hour movies (well, 105 minutes each), instead, so that the channel can air them in the space of 5 weeks before the major Autumn TV schedules starts to kick-in. Thus, each episode will be approximately 100-105 minutes long, and actually you are simply getting episodes grouped together, e.g. 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc, etc.

Also, because of the subject matter, e.g. terrorism, Islam, etc, Channel 4 are desperately hoping that the show won't get them too much bad press coverage, for "insensitivity" by airing this series, whilst the current news events are still playing out in the UK, the USA, and in the East.

Pooch

why would they get bad press coverage from such a well made & thoughtful series :confused: There's always something going on in the world you shouldn't not show something for fear of upsetting a small minority...besides quality, thoughtful programming should be celebrated not shotdown imo.

T800 said:
Why would there be more adverts if the shows time length is shortened ?
because they just replace the time occupied by opening and closing credits etc with additional ads/sponsor clips

Has everyone heard of Harry Enfield?
- Only me!...

brentonlyme.jpg

:D

Hi Pags,

pags payback said:
why would they get bad press coverage from such a well made & thoughtful series :confused: There's always something going on in the world you shouldn't not show something for fear of upsetting a small minority...besides quality, thoughtful programming should be celebrated not shotdown imo.

You're right - C4 shouldn't get bad press coverage, but it's purely down to the nature of the show (hardly shows Islam in a positive light, even if the terrorists aren't Islamic themselves), and current news situations. It's just one of those things. C4 however, are not exactly known for tryign to claw good press from negative publicity anyway, so I doubt they are that fussed.

Pooch

PoochJD said:
...hardly shows Islam in a positive light, even if the terrorists aren't Islamic themselves...
doesn't show Islam in a negative light at all; just portrays Islamist terrorists in a more realistic manner than 24; as well as showing up American ignorance with several characters and scenes

Hi,

Nope, no repeats scheduled, I'm afraid. Channel 4 has the rights to air each hour-long episode once only, as the DVD release date for the UK is very near. :)

Pooch

i watched this series when it was on fx it was very good but it left me thinking there was going to be a second series anybody know?

krish72 said:
second season has been in production for a while, expected to premiere in the US in October
Will definately look foward to this :smashin:
I was told there will be a different lead character, although I had hoped it would be him leading the chase for the other cells.

yeah thanks mate , ever heard of spoilers ?

Sorry guys, didnt even think what I was typing :eek: :oops: :suicide:
I have edited my post to remove in case people hadnt finished the first season yet. If you get a chance I would appreciate if you could remove that part from the quote boxes on your reply :) Cheers Kev :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom