Sleep sequence Harmony One

paul211b

I want to be able to press one button or an activity and set the sleep mode on my TV and AMP. Is this possible?

Thanks

CH_Peter

If "Sleep" (or do you mean "Standby"?) is a command on your original remotes, then sure. You can create a sequence and assign that sequence to a hard button or a screen button. I cannot really see a need to have it as its own activity, but maybe tell us more about your setup and what you are trying to achieve.

paul211b

If "Sleep" (or do you mean "Standby"?) is a command on your original remotes, then sure. You can create a sequence and assign that sequence to a hard button or a screen button. I cannot really see a need to have it as its own activity, but maybe tell us more about your setup and what you are trying to achieve.

My bro has a habit of falling asleep on sofa and leaving all my AV equipment on.
I would just like to be able to set a button that puts the amp on sleep timer at the same time as the TV. So they both turn off together. Both have the function on their remotes.

To do this currently I need to select devices, choose av receiver, then hit sleep. then repeat the process with the tv.

Last edited:

CH_Peter

You can create a sequence to cover these key presses (as long as the "sleep" command on both bits of kit is know to the Harmony - if not, you'll have to "teach" them). Then assign it to a screen button for each activity you want to see it in.

logiciel

It will disrupt the Harmony automatic power system though.

paul211b

You can create a sequence to cover these key presses (as long as the "sleep" command on both bits of kit is know to the Harmony - if not, you'll have to "teach" them). Then assign it to a screen button for each activity you want to see it in.

Still could not manage to do this.

Has anyone else been able to set the sleep timer on two devices with one button press ?

logiciel

What's the problem with it?
The Sequence option should be on the Customise Buttons page where you'd select each device in turn and its "sleep" command, then Customise the resulting Sequence - from the dropdown list of devices - to a spare button or to the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom