1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slayers without ftp

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by mitch, Jan 6, 2004.

1. mitch

mitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +431
    i like the idea of putting evox on my special xbox.i have an xecuter 2.3 fitted with cromwell bios.how easy is it to install slayers evox.i have read that i need to ftp info between the xbox and pc but as i dont have a network card this isnt possible.would i need to change the bios first or could i just put in slayers auto installer and let it run.i am very much a newbie and am quite scared of stuffing up my xbox.any advice would be greatly apreciated.

2. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you are happy to run the risk of data loss, then you can skip the ftp part, but don't blame me if it goes wrong :) I only needed the ftp'd files because I did a HD upgrade at the same time as the bios upgrade/evo-x install, and needed to transfer game-saves back to the new disc.

However I couldn't get the slayer disc to update my cromwell BIOS, I had to make a seperate cd with just the bios on and use that first. Once that was done the slayer disc worked fine.

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +644
    The new 2.5 disc looks pretty cool.

You don't need to ftp into your xbox.

Install a new drive put the disc in and let it do the rest. It comes with Linux too now.

4. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I used the Slayers 2.5 disc at the weekend to setup my Xbox with a 120Gb HDD. It's a doodle.
    I did use the FTP facility to backup my saved games but if that's not an issue go for it.

This is one of the best things you can do with a Xbox. I've installed all of my games but 3 or 4 didn't work. No faffing around with discs and the loading times are vastly improved.

5. mitch

mitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +431
    thanks for the help guys.used slayers 2.5 and it was easy.i didnt even need to change the bios

6. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    CMcK,

If the games don't work with the hard drive, for the most, you can patch them (most fit on a cd, however you may need to use a dvd-r/w or dvd+r/w), which allow them to be used with a larger hard drive (mostly MS games)

Rich