1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slam v's Depth

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ELV, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello again iv,e got a Rel q150e mk11 and was wondering what people think regarding these settings regarding movie playback.I've read some different views on the forums, i was wondering what exactly the different settings do as they do sound radically different, i've been using the depth mode for movies but on certain films eg, Moulin Rouge the slam does sound better.Am i right as the manual states the i'm simply losing some of the lower range in slam or is it not as simple as that.The manual reccomends depth for movies but i've also read reviews that reccomends slam. I think i prefer the depth for movies but i was wondering what other people are using....there must be some non svs, velo users out there.............

Ta Very Much.

2. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my mate is using q150e
    depth = movies
    slam = music

3. EasyTiger

EasyTiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ELV,

I had a q150e mk11 out on demo the other week as I'm hoping to upgrade to one by Xmas. I thought the depth mode went lower and the slam mode went lounder.

I had decided that when I get mine I was going to separate movies by having LFE just doing the .1 (speakers set to large) and uping the volume on this channel, then have the high level input doing the music and movie L&R with a more subtle integration. This means I would be able to leave the unit in depth and still get a bit more ooomph on movies.

Well that's the plan.......

4. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers, I've got it set with the high level neutrik connected to the left and right and set to large , music i listen to in direct and it sounds great.Movies i use the low and high level.It's still running in though, to anyone that isn't sure about splashing out on a better sub i was astounded by the difference it's made to the whole system. I think you summed up the differences well and after listening to both i think i prefer the depth.I don't listen to loads of music but have been rediscovering my cd's since i got itand think it's a cracking sub.

Ta Very Much