Skyworth oled out now...

It's reported on March 19 that the first batch of 55-inch Tianchi OLED TV, E980 series mass-produced by Skyworth has settled in Skyworth sales counters in cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Skyworth has led the industry once again to become the first enterprise to mass-produce and market OLED TV in China, after it unveiled the first OLED TV nationwide at the end of 2013.

The Tianchi OLED TV mentioned above adopts the four-color OLED technology and configuration with an independently developed four-color picture enhancing engine, and it has achieved four innovations in display technology: 1. The picture reaches an extreme contrast ratio of 100000:1. The black is purer. Even a hair in the black picture can be seen; 2. The extremely speedy response time of 0.001ms is 20 times faster than the limit of human eyes, which can precisely capture any instant beauty; 3. Newly added white sub-pixels enhance the screen by 2.08 million sub-pixels, with a 15% higher of the color domain coverage ratio than that of common OLED TV, reaching a shocking value of 115%, which makes the picture more splendid than real objects; 4. The effective visual angle is doubled. Even from different angles, the viewer can see equally wonderful pictures.

What's worth mentioning is that Tianchi OLED series has an industrial design featuring an extremely narrow rim length of 1mm and a ultra slim body thickness of 7mm, which is 0.6mm thinner than iPhone 5S.

Skyworth Tianchi OLED is configured with Tianchi 4 operating system which is specially dedicated for TV and independently developed by Skyworth, This system has opened a boundaryless era of TV: 1. It is boundaryless between TV and films for there is exclusive cross-boundary integration of video resources such as full search of videos, continuing to watch live program, video sharing, direct access to Hollywood and live channels; 2. It is boundaryless among mobilephone screens, pad secreens and TV screens for the magic mobile phone remote control dedicated for TV can remote-control the TV, search and play videos and realize functions of cross-screen resource sharing, socializing and games playing; 3. It is boundaryless via TV between you and your distant families for the exclusive functions of TV video chat and WeChat VOD enable you to video-chat with your families, play wonderful blockbusters for your families wherever and whenever you are and make your love accompany your families at any time

Be interesting to see what the European pricing is if they start shipping over here....

Be interesting to see what the European pricing is if they start shipping over here....

They won't!!

I think that is why LG have paired with chinese brands, they can start to mass produce OLED and sell the panels for a profit while knowing they won't be any direct competition in the major markets.

I would imagine that every major manufacturer would want to get a hold of OLED panels but LG have been quite smart about how they can best ramp up production.

They won't!!

I think that is why LG have paired with chinese brands, they can start to mass produce OLED and sell the panels for a profit while knowing they won't be any direct competition in the major markets.

If the release date of the Skyworth 55" E980 Full HD OLED TV has been moved forward from October 2014 then this bodes well for the yield of LG Display's 1080p OLED panels (although it is a shame that this TV is only 1080p and not 2160p).

Whilst this would probably be too high-end for the supermarkets to sell online, let alone in-store, I'd say there's the potential for the likes of John Lewis and Dixons Retail to sell these under a private brand. Lots of their models at present are manufactured by the Turkish company Vestel:

Televizyon Modelleri - TV Fiyatları | Vestel

Last edited:
good,they can start to mass produce OLED and sell the panels for a profit while knowing they won't be any direct competition in the major markets.thanks for your sharinghttp://******/aOFG6D

A 65" oled?? If this affordable for us mere mortals id buy one in a heartbeat but I cant see it though sadly:(

... China-based TV vendor Skyworth will release a 55-inch OLED TV that will go on sale during the May 1 holiday period in China....

The 55-inch unit will use OLED panel technology from LG Display and will reportedly be for sale at CNY$30,000 (US$4,800) – half the price offered by Korea-based TV vendors-upon initial launch...

The sources also revealed Skyworth has plans to release a 65-inch OLED TV in China during the nation's October 1 holiday period in 2014 that will use W-OLED technology from LG as well...

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

It's been posted on a different forum that the LG 65EC9700 curved 4K OLED will be on sale for $10,000. Above that, there is the 77EC9800 curved 4K OLED, which it is rumoured will have a street price of $15,000. Beneath that, there is the 55EC9700 curved 4K OLED and there are murmurings of $5,000. Beneath those three 4K OLEDs, there is the 55EB9600 curved 1080p OLED (as was its predecessor, the 55EA9800) and the 55EA8800 flat 'Gallery' 1080p OLED. The latter has an MSRP of $9,000 which means that, strangely, it will probably end up dearer than the 55EC9700 yet with a quarter of the resolution. Therefore, a $5,000 Skyworth 55E980 curved 1080p OLED doesn't look such great value any more, let alone a dearer 65E980 curved 1080p OLED.

A 65" oled?? If this affordable for us mere mortals id buy one in a heartbeat but I cant see it though sadly:(
LG are bringing out a 65" 4K OLED within the next few months, and while the price might initially be high I predict that by this time next year they'll be highly competitive.

Desk

LG are bringing out a 65" 4K OLED within the next few months, and while the price might initially be high I predict that by this time next year they'll be highly competitive.

Desk
My budget would be around the 2.5k mark like my sammy 64" plasma but I fear I could be waitin a while for that...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom