Skyworth DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sheggsl, Jun 9, 2001.

1. sheggsl

sheggsl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi there, from reading the posts in this forum, I believe quite a few of you have already heard about this amazing DVD player. For those who haven't, you can read all about it at http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003184.html.
    Now the good news, a contact of mine in Hong Kong has been in discussions with the manufacturer of this item and has managed to strike quite an interesting deal. He can deliver in a 40Ft Container containing 2000 UK spec units (with a SCART socket & CE approval) within a 30 Day period upon placing the order with the manufacturer, however before he proceeds he would like an estimation of the level of demand for this product in the UK. If you are interested please e-mail me [email protected] The anticipated selling price of this product will be between £200- £250 depending on customs charges and the US$ ER. Those who participate in this market research will receive a 10% discount off the purchase price upon placing an order.

Please note this is the only DVD player in the world that currently offers true PAL progressive scan, so you can watch all your Region 2 DVDs in progressive mode either through its component or RGB output. It also utilises the famed Faroudga (SAGE) FLI2200 chip for superior de-interlacing. I own both an HTPC and the Sony 9000ES, and this machine which is a quarter of their price beats them both hands down. Truly amazing!!!

2. sheggsl

sheggsl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Any takers anyone?

3. dj

dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Are you for real?

4. sheggsl

sheggsl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes I am, but please do not take my word for it, go to the above link at AVS forum and read about what people who own this player have to say about it. Personally if you want PAl progressive and superior de-interlacing, this is the only player in town!!!

5. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check the progressive forum below as the skyworth has been covered

6. dj

dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I think you may have missed the point.

I know of this player and what it can do, the question is are you on a scam?

7. sheggsl

sheggsl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    dj I resent your insinuation. I think it is rather unfortunate that you choose to attack a member's credibility without even a basic enquiry.

All I am trying to do is to gauge the level of demand for a new exciting product, before a full scale launch in the UK, and you automatically accuse me of carrying out a scam. I am not going to stoop to your level and trade insults with you, but I am really saddened by your response.

I was under the impression that this was a forum, that brought people of similar interests together to swap ideas and information, not a platform for some individuals to attack the credibility of others at whim.

Skyworth is one of the largest manufacturer of Electronic goods in China, however they currently do not have a UK distibution outlet. A friend of mine in Hong Kong has struck a sole distibution deal with them to bring their goods into the UK, however before investing a lot of capital into the deal, he would like to market test their most popular product, and this is what this exercise is all about.
    Perhaps there is something you find quite sinister about that!!!

Most people will agree that bringing a relatively unknown brand into the UK is quite a risky venture even if the product is fantastic, I don't think carrying out a bit of market research before hand is unreasonable.

[ 21-06-2001: Message edited by: sheggsl ]

8. dvdbrowser.com

dvdbrowser.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If this unit can output a quality picture via RGB on the scart output connection then i would be interested and would buy online with ssl via credit card with my credit card company insurance as backup.

9. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I emailed you.....but I do admit that I have some not unhealthy suspicion.....please do not take it personally, but i have hadmy share of internet scams! As i said in my email....for that kinda money i would jump at the opportunity.

Adam

10. dj

dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    sheggsl

You have posted on here twice without any responses on the site, it is likely to raise concerns.

I am aware of the cost of attempting to import the players in the volumes required by the manufacturer and apologise if my previous comments have offended you.

Good luck with this venture, it is certainly a player that deserves to sell in high volumes given it features and price point.