Skyworth 1050D setup problems - please help!

hopdylan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just got my Skyworth 1050D today and am trying to get it to work with my Z1 projector - i can get normal component displayed but when i connect it to the progressive component outputs i can't get a picture - can anyone help????

Originally posted by hopdylan
works now - thanks for the help:rolleyes:

You're either expecting too much (your post was only up for 3 hours!!! :eek:), or you can see something I can't ;)

the progressive output was set to VGA instead of component?

Yeah, something like that :blush:

Lare - what output do you find gives you the best quality picture on the Z1? and did you need to do any fine tuning on settings etc.?

Yup.... Always helps to read the manual.

Brian

Yeah, something like that :blush:

Lare - what output do you find gives you the best quality picture on the Z1? and did you need to do any fine tuning on settings etc.?

To tell you the truth, I only had few days to play with my Z1&1050D, because apparently my Skyworth was faulty and had to be sent back. I am now waiting for them to get the faulty unit and send a new one back.

Anyhow, I was using the VGA output so I cannot speak for the component, but I didn't adjust the service/factory mode for anything else than lower the fan speeds a notch - quieter unit that way.
For the video settings, I just used the Episode 2's "THX Optimizer" for brightness & gamma, and then some movie scenes for additional tweaking. So nothing special here :)

To tell you the truth, I only had few days to play with my Z1&1050D, because apparently my Skyworth was faulty and had to be sent back. I am now waiting for them to get the faulty unit and send a new one back.

What was wrong with your Skyworth player?

What was wrong with your Skyworth player?

Apparently the DVD unit was faulty. At first it would read discs ok, but few glitches (audio&video stops) per movie were usual. The problem got worse and in the end (about after 4-5 movies) it wouldn't read discs anymore, it'd say "no disc" when DVD was inside and also after several tries when it finally read the disc the playback was very jumpy, even the DVD's menus were choppy.

However Hivizone has been a real sport with this issue, they agreed to send new unit back right away when they receive the faulty one, and they even agreed to reimburse my shipment costs with some DVD movies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom