Skyscraper Review & Comments

I went for a 5. It was total toilet (that played it too straight to utilise Dwayne’s natural charm) but always watchable in an overblown TV movie kinda way.

Short straw drawn....Cas gets to review mission impossible, you get this :rotfl:

Went to see it last night. Was a 6.5 from me.

Saw this last night at Cineworld Milton Keynes in 3D, 4DX.

I'd give it 6.5/10. It's not as bonkers fun as Rampage but I enjoyed it as I did San Andreas. It's that huge bombastic summer blockbuster that is all popcorn.

If you enjoyed San Andreas and Rampage you'll enjoy this.

As for the 3D some of it was excellent and some was only so so. Not an essential viewing in 3D. Best scenes being any and everytime Dwayne was looking down the building.

Now to await the other big summer popcorn movie - The Meg :thumbsup:

Normally I avoid low rated films but its Dwayne Johnson so will not avoid this one. With Arnie, Sly and Vin Diesel past their sell by date he is the only one left with a screen presence.

I read the word buff on the opening sentences of the review i thought someone has let something slip man crush an all that.:D then noticed it was reviewed by the lovely Sharuna Warner :)

Last edited:
LOL .... come on these types of movies are beyond ratings ... I loved San Andreas .... it was better than Rampage .... but hey, who cares.

I do object to giving a MI movie 10/10 though for Gods sake. So the reviewer is seriously saying the latest MI movie is amongst the best movies ever made .... a la Godfather 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction etc ... come on please.

For £10 I’m going to give this a go, sounds like a fun movie.

LOL .... come on these types of movies are beyond ratings ... I loved San Andreas .... it was better than Rampage .... but hey, who cares.

I do object to giving a MI movie 10/10 though for Gods sake. So the reviewer is seriously saying the latest MI movie is amongst the best movies ever made .... a la Godfather 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction etc ... come on please.

Personal opinion and all that....I hate godfather!

I bought the box set of DVD of the 3 films and only ever watched the first one. Thank goodness(or not as I would not have bought it) it was in a sale.

Went to see this yesterday, and what a wasted opportunity.

Mr. Rock was his usual likeable self, the cinematography, visual effects, the production design were all top notch.

But the plot and the script were not anywhere near the same standard. The bad guy was a cardboard cut out, the set pieces were telegraphed way in advance and with the with the exception of Mr Rock and his other half, there was no character development or drama whatsoever.

It was still mindless fun, (some of the scenes gave me vertigo) but it could have been so, so much better....

6.5/10

Now, where are my detonators.....

Went to see this yesterday, and what a wasted opportunity.

Mr. Rock was his usual likeable self, the cinematography, visual effects, the production design were all top notch.

But the plot and the script were not anywhere near the same standard. The bad guy was a cardboard cut out, the set pieces were telegraphed way in advance and with the with the exception of Mr Rock and his other half, there was no character development or drama whatsoever.

It was still mindless fun, (some of the scenes gave me vertigo) but it could have been so, so much better....

6.5/10

Now, where are my detonators.....

I should have taken some coal to the cinema, could have left a rich man with all the butt clenching scenes in this film lol.

For £10 I’m going to give this a go, sounds like a fun movie.

Had a decent pace, was good fun but didn't feel right for some reason but was still a jolly good watch. May not go a second time but will definitely pick it up when its released on hard copy.

Wouldn't have regretted it at the price if I had to pay for it.

... the reviewer is seriously saying the latest MI movie is amongst the best movies ever made .... a la Godfather 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction etc ... come on please.
Does he say that anywhere in the review? I'm not sure why you think a 10 means it competes with or betters other films of a completely different genre. By your rationale, if a pair of speakers achieve perfection and score a 10, can a pair of headphones never be scored a 10 by default?

What an extremely dumb sentiment.

As said that their personal opinion I did not like Godfather but your almost saying a film I enjoy immensely more say X2 I have to give lower score than The Godfather because it classed as a classic by most of the critics.
If I come out watching a film and the 2 hours just fly by and enjoy every second of of it if I'm going to score it I may well give it a 10 even if a MI film.

Agree , over rated and dull film infact I don't even think I got through the whole thing. Unlike skyscraper which was quite entertaining if you leave your brain at home. Still amazed at how well the electrics held up

I'm not here to pass judgement on Skyscraper, I thought it was ok, it did it's job much the same as any other Dwayne Johnson flick or Big Mac.

I'm just here to say I'm actually somewhat surprised that we've arrived so quickly at a time where Skyscraper and The Godfather get mentioned in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence. There'll be a mutant in The Whitehouse next

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom