Sky's two month free trial of Sky movies.

andyking

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.Im hoping for some advice on a small matter.I have only recently become a Sky customer,having left VM and have TV,BB and Sky Talk.A couple of weeks ago a leaflet came through my door offering a two month free trial of Sky movies for new and existing customers.So I emailed the sky help centre asking what was needed as an existing customer to be eligible for the offer.My reply was that "after checking your account you must upgrade to HD mix pack at £10 .25 per month.After subscribing to HD mix pack you will then be eligible for two months free Sky movies offer".Fair enough,so I look to upgrade.Cannot believe it when I see that I will also get a £100 M&S voucher for upgrading,which I have done(but have not yet received).Sent off another email after getting HD asking how I go about the movies offer.I get sent a link to follow,which doesn't work.Email them again and am told its an offer for new customers only.Email them again and am told I have applied too early for the offer.Email them again asking for HD to be removed and am told I am now in a 12 month contract.So I use the complaints form at Mysky as I feel I have been misled regarding the offer.Yesterday I had the reply from them.Whilst admitting that I have been treated with a lack of courtesy and have raised some issues which they will use for further training,because I upgraded to HD during the £100 voucher offer,I am not eligible for the movies offer.As a gesture of goodwill,I can upgrade to Sky Sports and Sky Movies half price for three months(saving £14 per month).I feel a bit peed off to be honest.I have asked them to keep the voucher and remove HD from my subscription but they are unable to.Am I expecting too much?I only wanted the movies offer to enhance our Christmas viewing,but feel like I've been mugged off.I would like to point out that at no point have I dealt with the same person.So is it me?All I want now is to go back to my original package and I will be happy.Any advice is appreciated.Thanks

because I upgraded to HD during the £100 voucher offer, I am not eligible for the movies offer
They seem to be advertising the two month offer for all customers who don't have the film packs so I don't see how they can apply that exception. The Complaints form is the second to last option so take the one that usually works, an e-mail to j darroch.

That's OK and do let us know. Logi

Can you end the trial just before it is up so you don't end up paying for it?:smashin:

Like any trial you can cancel within the specified time period.

Right,here we go.I had my reply today from the Executive Support Team.First off was an apology.The movies have been added to my package and £16 credited to my account,and a note in her diary to do the same next month as she doesn't have access to the offer.If I wish to cancel after the free trial,I have to email her on the 5th of January so the 31 day cancellation can be put on my account.Also I am entitled to the £100 M&S voucher for upgrading to HD.I am a very happy bunny.Thanks again Logiciel.

You're welcome - good to hear of your success. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom