Sky's Olympics Channels Menu.

John2102

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
Would someone please attach a screenshot of Sky's Olympics Channels menu and a rough idea of how you select a channel to watch.
I need to provide help but do not have Sky myself to assist.
I've checked on the Internet but cannot seem to locate help.
Many thanks
John

Welcome to the Forum. :)

You just select them from the EPG (or enter the channel number directly) exactly as you would any other channel.

Or did you mean something else?

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, I am trying to assist a family member over the phone who is having difficulties selecting the Olympic channels being broadcast on TV at the moment.
Now the more I think about it, is there a red button BBC menu on Sky? With all the extra channels (24?) the BBC keep talking about. Maybe this is menu I need assistance with? Is there a menu where you can enter alphabetical characters to select a sport?
Thanks
John

The SD channels start at 450.
As you haven't posted in the HD sub-forum this doesn't appy but in case anyone else is wanting the information the HD channels start at 474.

The SD channels start at 450.
As you haven't posted in the HD sub-forum this doesn't appy but in case anyone else is wanting the information the HD channels start at 474.

Or the other way round if you have HD! :)

Now the more I think about it, is there a red button BBC menu on Sky? With all the extra channels (24?) the BBC keep talking about. Maybe this is menu I need assistance with? Is there a menu where you can enter alphabetical characters to select a sport?
Thanks
John

There are two ways of finding the programming for the Olympics
1 The normal EPG which lists the channels on 450 upwards for the next 7 days and although it does have a search function it is rather clunky for this purpose and you have to know exactly how they have titled the particular programme.
2 The red button option (which is the one I believe you will find most useful which list all the events and rough timings for that day only and is the same as freesat channel 150). To use this (All keys used on Sky remote are in inverted commas)
Change channel to any of the BBC Olympic channels (450 to 497)
Wait until banner at bottom disappears and then press "Red"
Now press "up arrow" and then "Right arrow" until starting letter of sport required is highlighted
You will then see the events for those sports for that day with rough timings of when they are on. Any with a blue timeline are on at present time and you can view those by pressing the "Down arrow" until it is highlighted and then pressing "Select". Those with a grey timeline have not yet started and you will either have to find them in the full 7 day EPG or come back to this red button option when they are due to start.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom