Sky's NOW TV now available on iPad and iPhone

hodg100

Distinguished Member
<b>Just movies for now but Sky Sports to follow</b>

NOW TV, the new internet TV service from Sky, is now available to download from the App Store, for both iPad and iPhone via 3G and WiFi.

NOW TV launched earlier this month giving millions more people a commitment-free way to enjoy Sky movies. In response to the ver-increasing popularity of watching TV over the internet, Sky thought it best get in on the act.

NOW TV gives you two ways to watch movies. The monthly Sky Movies Pass gives instant and unlimited access to the entire Sky Movies collection. At any time, customers with a Sky Movies Pass can choose from over 600 movies, including recent blockbusters and classics from major Hollywood studios. All NOW TV customers signing up for the Sky Movies Pass can enjoy a free 30-day trial. Following the end of the trial period, the Sky Movies Pass is available for £15 a month.

Customers can also ‘pay & play’ for instant access to a range of over 1,000 movies through Sky Store including the very latest ‘now on DVD’ releases. ‘Pay & play’ movies on NOW TV range from 99p for classic titles to £3.49 for the latest movies. Customers can purchase these movies online and store them in a ‘My Movies’ section to view on their iPad or iPhone.

attachment.php

More Sky content will also be added in the coming months, with Sky Sports due to launch on NOW TV before the end of the year. This will enable NOW TV customers to enjoy live action from the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, England Test cricket, Heineken Cup rugby, ATP tennis, the Masters from Augusta and more. The introduction of Sky Sports will be followed on NOW TV by shows from Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts and Sky Living.

NOW TV is currently available to anyone in the UK with a broadband or 3G connection across a range of connected devices including PC, Mac, selected Android smartphones and from today, iOS devices. YouView and Xbox will be added later this summer and NOW TV will continue to develop for other platforms and devices, including Sony Playstation 3 and Roku streaming player.

More information on NOW TV is available from NOW TV - Home

Attachments

• now.jpg
    now.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

Marc

Distinguished Member
I'll be interested to find out how much they'll charge for pay as you play football once the sports channels are added to this service. If it was £3.49 per football match, that would make a great alternative to getting the Sky Sports packages for people, like myself who only want to watch the football matches of one club.

I'm surprised the price of the monthly movies package is so high though. With netflix offering a similar service (albeit possibly with a poorer selection of movies) for £5.99 a month, I think charging £15 will definitely affect the number of people willing to join.

Last edited:

scumball

Distinguished Member
£15 a month is quite high but the movies are pretty recent - much better selection of new releases than netflix (although that is better for TV) and better than lovefilm too. I'm thinking about it - I've spent £15 on one-off watch blurays in the past.

larkone

Distinguished Member
Read a review on this somewhere that compared it to Netflix and Lovefilm - can't remember where though. The conclusion was that there was little/no HD content and the service was in beta. Lot of money to spend to do Sky's testing for them.

linkster

I've signed up for the free trial. Good selection but I won't be continuing with it:

1. As mentioned it's in Beta - the app is bugged and fails to create an account after you've given card details, needed customer support to fix
2. Since its clearly aimed at non Sky users it left me wtih the Xbox and iPad options, but for xbox you need a Gold account (mine has elapsed nd I have no intention of renewing it)
3. On iPad, they've crippled component video out. Why? You're paying the same as everyone else.

Also, resume play doesn't work.

Nice idea but aint getting my money by a long way

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom