Sky's Gangs of London Season 1 Review & Comments

Wow this is a TV series?!?! It's by far the most violent TV show. Not hard hitting violent like Lucille Vs Head, but wow.

Sadly, it's dull and preposterous. The Raid 1 was utterly fantastic, Raid 2 was dragged down by the plot and this is EXACTLY what happens cut. Uhmazing fighting, and violence, but pacing was way, way off. I don't care who lives or dies apart from the one obvious "it's OK, I had a dart" character.

Also, this REALLY bugged me, the airport scene
how laughable, setting £100,000s of money on fire, at the end of a runway, and just leave it there. An airport, that has cameras

I love Gareth Evans, but he needs to sort his story telling out.

Watched 3 episodes now.

Love the action, great visceral fight scenes. One in EP3 had touches of Upgrade in the camera work which was nice. Elliot, the black guy who is new to the gang is excellent.

However, one thing that's spoiling my enjoyment is Shaun, the new big boss played by the youngest brother from Peaky Blinders. Sorry but I just think he's an awful actor, and his bumfluff beard is ridiculous and annoys me :laugh:.

This year I've watched 4 seasons of The Expanse, 4 seasons of Mr Robot, season 3 of Ozark and Season 5 of Better Call Saul, and they were all better than this has been so far. This is better than a few shows I've seen lately though such as the awful 2nd season of Altered Carbon, the disappointing s3 of West World and the very dull Outsider.

This is great because it sounds like exactly how felt, but it reminded me to go back and carry on watching Mr Robot :)
Also, West World S3 was so bad it makes me wince.

Watched the first couple, very good with one problematic flaw, the lead guy is absolutely dismal. Will stick with it though. It’s very, ahem, grown up, every other scene is a wince or a blush ! 🤣

Is there a season 2 of this on the cards?

Is there a season 2 of this on the cards?
Certainly is, all the info courtesy of the one and only Mr @Drax1

Last edited:
Watched the first couple, very good with one problematic flaw, the lead guy is absolutely dismal. Will stick with it though. It’s very, ahem, grown up, every other scene is a wince or a blush ! 🤣
The other huge flaw for is that’s it’s utterly ridiculous. Over the top violence is fine etc but it’s all utterly ridiculous and one scene in particular, at the
airport
is just laughable

and yes the lead is atrocious.

The other huge flaw for is that’s it’s utterly ridiculous. Over the top violence is fine etc but it’s all utterly ridiculous and one scene in particular, at the
airport
is just laughable

But it's entertainment. Not everything can be realistic otherwise. I found it really enjoyable and really looking forward to season 2

airport
is just laughable

If you have seen any of Gareth Evans films you'd see it's his style

If you have seen any of Gareth Evans films you'd see it's his style
Evans has a new film Havoc coming, which stars Tom Hardy. Very much looking forward to it.

So finished this, first half of the series very good, last few episodes were a little anti climatic and got more and more ridiculous. Patchy acting too.
7/10

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom