Sky's Cobra Season 1 Review & Comments

Lame duck of an outing. Carlisle at least doesn't look too much like his usual self, so maybe he can ditch association.
I raised an eyebrow as soon as the ubiquitous 'playful' backdrop music fired up that is so familiar of late to inform viewers something intelligently smart/witted is afoot - from political to law and medical shows. Unfortunately, this is neither and has main political and forces characters caring more for their life's minutia than grasping the big picture and its devastating consequences that we're all supposed to be empathetically riveted to.
A waste of anyone's time and electric.

Not bad overall , Carlyle shines, irritated by winging daughters of pm and chief of staff, but hey at least there some action episode 5 onwards.

A good concept but the implementation was very poor. Like many I was hoping for more "28 Days Later" post apocalypse type action with a political backdrop, rather than the focus being the political angle.

The painfully obvious cliches were pitiful:
  • "bigotted Brexiteer being impersonal/inhuman"
  • Labour adviser comes in to add 'sense, reason and compassion to the horrible, nasty right wing Tory party'
  • northerners (who may have voted for Brexit) are all racist, far right arseholes who readily turn into vigilantes as part of a North -v- South conflict
  • press/media are scum always on the look out for an exclusive
Also, since when can we track the impact of a solar flare to within 30 minutes accuracy whilst the weather forecast is accurate probably no more than 40% of the time? In my view, absolute junk, waste of time and effort all round.

BTW - agree that The Outsider and Wisting are both excellent, well worth a watch.

Last edited:
First episode and I thought - yeah this is interesting..... and then it became another load of PC drivel, with the usual cardboard cutout stereotypes, set to a paper thin cliche ridden plot.

Life's too short for this dross....

Still, I suppose they can always flog it to the Sci Fi Channel.....

I gave up after the first episode, no prime minister would put up with a home secretary who slagged him off the way its portrayed. After reading the reviews glad I didn't order the dvd

First episode and I thought - yeah this is interesting..... and then it became another load of PC drivel, with the usual cardboard cutout stereotypes, set to a paper thin cliche ridden plot.

Life's too short for this dross....

Still, I suppose they can always flog it to the Sci Fi Channel.....

Pretty much the same here. Gave the first episode a go despite negative comments here, thought it ok, but after 2nd episode I dumped it as it was the dross everyone here said it was. 😂

Much the same as the majority have said... I did watch all 6 and it’s a 6/10 for me. Started ok but slowly faded away. Could have been so much better and I was really looking forward to it so disappointed.

Yes 6 for me as well but I enjoyed the malevolent and scheming Home Secretary. They were some potty mouthed Tories though, perhaps the producers thought that might make them appear more human and realistic. Failed on that, even Birkenhead Dockers use the odd sentence without an F bomb.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom