SkyQ UHD audio

woppy101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just watching the football on sky UHD and sometimes the audio is muffled and I can’t work Out why, if I set the audio to normal in the sky menu it’s fine but if I set it to Dolby digital or Dolby digital plus it’s muffled when they do interviews, I though the whole point of the AF9s eArc what it could pass through DD and DD+ to my Samsung Atmos soundbar

Can't answer why the sound is muffled, but I didn't think Samsung had implemented eArc.
But Arc should still pass DD & DD+

EArc isn’t out yet I believe. However "lossy" Atmos can be passed via arc to the sound bar depending on model. No for K950 - not at all, yes for N950. What soundbar do you have?

EArc is on the AF9 I’m using the K850 soundbar

EArc is on the AF9 I’m using the K850 soundbar
In which case the answer is no. If you read the forums, Samsung K950 owners (I was one of them) were begging Samsung for an update to allow Atmos over arc. However, as is tradition with Samsung it never came (along with DV pass through) which is why I then sold my K950 for the N950. This one does Atmos over arc and passes through Dolby Vision. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. For the K950 you either sacrifice Dolby vision by connecting a device straight to the sound bar for Atmos sound or sacrifice Atmos if connecting straight to TV. Get the N950 if you need both.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom