SkyQ’s latest firmware has broken the UHD stream

Is is anyone experiencing sound drops outs on v2? If I’m watching live tv, then play a recording I get sound drops constantly. The only fix is to put it back to standby, then back on, go to continue for my recoding and it plays fine. This never happened on v1 box. Any ideas?
Anyone else?

Fobbed of told I have to wait and they have no idea the firmware fix will be.

Fobbed of told I have to wait and they have no idea the firmware fix will be.
Don't take no for an answer they tried fobbing me off too I said fine I'm happy to wait once you process my request for my 12pound multi room sub to be put on hold until the fault is rectified. They soon changed their tune and booked an engineer's visit.
I have the number directly for sky engineer's who also book visits it might be worth trying that too as they tend to be non UK based and seemingly a bit more relaxed in booking visits

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180902-084607_Contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_20180902-084607_Contacts.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 87
This appears to be fixed with the latest firmware. All V1 boxes should be updated before November...

Phoned up sky today for this problem and the box crashes now and again with a black screen. Version 2 box being installed on Saturday.

Mines just updated and it seems fixed, I replayed the football snippet I had record that I could pick it out with ease and it seems if not all gone it’s unnoticeable now, thank god just the three months of shitty hd I’ve had to put up with.

What's the new FW number please? I've got an enginner coming to swap my V1 box on Friday but I'd rather keep it if possible due to lost recordings.

Mines updated and the UHD picture is how it used to be so I've no need to swap boxes anymore...
It only took them 4 months.:eek:
I’m glad they’ve fixed it, but it’s been a long, long time to put up with flickering. Pleased I didn’t wait.

yea, mine updated the other day and the UHD picture is much better, well there's no flicker anymore... sounds like its finally been sorted.

Don't know what's happened to my box but I can't change channels, it shows on screen as changing in bottom left but nothing happens.

It says I have no Internet yet it's working fine and it's hard wired to the hub. It says it's still recording a program from Saturday night.

I can't delete any recordings, I can't reset hard drive or factory reset as when I press confirm nothing happens.

The mini q box I have says technical fault and no signal. It's utter garbage, earliest they can get out to me is Thursday and this was me ringing last Wednesday.

Oh and when I turn the sky box off via remote, screens goes black but green light stays on and sound continues to come out of my surround setup.

Wonderful

Have you power cycled everything?

This bloody flicker is back on uhd downloads and footy.

Is that with a V1 box? The Sky Community thread suggests it is. Flicker UHD content
The V2 box seems fine. I haven’t noticed any issues, fingers crossed.
Yeah with the v1 mate like the first time, seems worse than the first time too.

Yeah with the v1 mate like the first time, seems worse than the first time too.
I think it’s time to demand a V2. There must be firmware incompatibility issues that only affect V1 for it to happen again.
Good luck getting an installer quickly though. They couldn’t even give me even an estimated date for anyone to come out last month.

I really only watch Football in UHD. No issues I have noticed.

I watch Movies and Football, no issues as well.and it’s a V1 box.

I have V2 box and have seen major issues with flickering on downloaded UHD movies. Especially older grainy films. Really annoying as the same content via Netflix in 4K is absolutely fine. No idea what is causing it but hope they find a solution soon.

It’s only on recorded UHD material and not live broadcasts. However this was initially restricted to V1 boxes. If it now affects V2 as well Sky have a real problem on their hands - again.
I have a V2 box and haven’t noticed anything on downloaded UHD material lately. I watched Chinatown in UHD last night with no problems:

All good here too with a V2 so far.
I’m having a nostalgia session with 2001 and it’s fine.

It’s only on recorded UHD material and not live broadcasts. However this was initially restricted to V1 boxes. If it now affects V2 as well Sky have a real problem on their hands - again.
I have a V2 box and haven’t noticed anything on downloaded UHD material lately. I watched Chinatown in UHD last night with no problems:

Yes exactly right. I have noticed it on several movies. Only just upgraded from Sky HD. This is quite rightly a major concern for me. If roughly 25% of movies have this flashing then UHD is almost a waste of time and the upgrade to Sky Q is equally a waste of time. It was the main reason for the upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom