Skynews reports possible 100,000 dead in asia crisis.

evilgenius

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sorry asking but how would so many people die because of a cyclone? I thought a cyclone was like a weak hurricane. I don't get how so many people died in a storm.

very sad all the same.

There has also been massive flooding coupled with a tidal wave.

What is sad is that this is only the initial (all be it possible count) with flooding comes disease, so that number is probably bound to rise.

I think the press like to over estimate to grab viewers, not saying the death toll ain't bad enough already but they blow everything out of proportion i.e. firm loses £300K, on the news 'firm loses hundreds of thousands'

Liam

And we moan if we get a bit of bad weather. It might be cold or raining in this country for most of the year but we never get earth-quakes, hurricanes, floods or cyclones.

Ok, we've had some bad floods and a storm 20yrs ago but not 100,000 people dying. Can you imagine the effect on this country if London was devastated by a cyclone?

Chile has a volcano that has erupted.

There are 1800 thunderstorms a day in this world.

I bet Sky News are loving having another disaster to show us 24/7 :rolleyes:

Sorry asking but how would so many people die because of a cyclone? I thought a cyclone was like a weak hurricane. I don't get how so many people died in a storm.

very sad all the same.

A cyclone is the Southern Hemisphere's equivalent of a Hurricane, so they are in fact the same thing, and will be rated in terms of intensity.

HTH

Ian

Don't they turn in opposite directions though?

Very sad news. :(

And we moan if we get a bit of bad weather. It might be cold or raining in this country for most of the year but we never get earth-quakes, hurricanes, floods or cyclones.

Ok, we've had some bad floods and a storm 20yrs ago but not 100,000 people dying. Can you imagine the effect on this country if London was devastated by a cyclone?

Chile has a volcano that has erupted.

There are 1800 thunderstorms a day in this world.

I think the British public and epesically the press are awful when it comes to moaning about the weather. They moan in the winter that Xnumber of people are going to die because they can't afford heating and they moan in the summer because X amount of people are going to get to hot and dehydrate and get ill.

It's patheic really. Our country is neither hot nor cold.

Don't they turn in opposite directions though?

They do indeed, but still cause the same devastation whatever the direction they spin.

Ian

Have you seen the latest on this. Now they want our aid money but will not allow foreign aid workers in it help out and they have actually impounded the aid deliveries!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7392331.stm

What a complete bunch of ar:censored:!! Well I know where I won't be sending any money!

Yeah it really is a shame that aid won't reach those who really need it, whilst the military lot will probably just take most of the stuff for themselves.

I say we send in Sylvester Stallone to sort them out

user32031179353953pl7.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom