Skylanders Starter Set Figures Question

SteveT1138

Standard Member
Hi, This seems to be the best place to post this question.

I am thinking of picking up a starter set for the PS3 and have thought of a potential problem with the figures.

This will be played on one PS3 by two people who each have their own account. The way I understand the figures is that they save the stats etc. directly onto the figures themselves and if they are used on a different account/system to the one it was first saved to it comes up as a "guest" figure.

This would cuase major problems as the three figures in the starter set could only be "keyed" to one account.

You do not seem to be able to buy these three figures (Spryo, Gill Grunt & Trigger Happy) either as a triple pack or as individuals and there is no way that I am buying another starter set just for three figures.

I know there is a fair bit of choice for other figures but with two kids fighting over who is going to get Spyro first this seems like a potential disaster to me and is making me rethink the entire purchase.

skylanderdude

Standard Member
Try ebay if you want any of the starter Skylanders. You can also get a legendary spyro figure as part of a 3 pack from toys r us, but then there will probably be arguments over who gets that one.
There are loads to choose from. Cant you just get an even number and let them draft their own teams?
Skylander toy review: List Of Skylanders

SteveT1138

Standard Member
Thanks for the link, very helpful.
I thought about e-bay but you can guarantee they will be at a premium because you cannot get them separately.
Maybe it is just me but it seems a rather cynical marketing ploy as they know kids will want a Spyro each (not including the legendary one in the triple pack only available from Toys R’Us or the Dark Spyro in the DS starter).
Would the Darklight Crypt and the Pirate Ship also suffer from this or can I use these figures (plus the swords, Lantern etc.) excluding the Skylander figure you get in each pack on any account?
Will have to give this some more thought regarding the selection of figures – did not want to ask them which they want as it somewhat ruins the surprise come Christmas.

Battle

More than one person can use each character but the stats will carry over. So if one has gotten Spyro up to level 5 when a second person uses him he will still be on level 5 and will continue to build the level from there. I did see something in the menu about the character being "owned" by player one but that didnt prevent its use by player 2

SteveT1138

Standard Member
Well I did buy the PS3 starter set for me and my daughter to play and decided to get around "who plays with which figures" by picking some more up. Between the two of us we now have 14 different figures from 7 different elements - the only one I have missing is a fire one which I borrow my daughters Eruptor when I want to use it and she is missing a air element so she borrows my Sonic Boom.
Getting hold of some of these figures is very, very hard as it seems to have sold extremley well in the build up to christmas, but is is a really fun game to play.

Foster

Distinguished Member
Well I did buy the PS3 starter set for me and my daughter to play and decided to get around "who plays with which figures" by picking some more up. Between the two of us we now have 14 different figures from 7 different elements - the only one I have missing is a fire one which I borrow my daughters Eruptor when I want to use it and she is missing a air element so she borrows my Sonic Boom.
Getting hold of some of these figures is very, very hard as it seems to have sold extremley well in the build up to christmas, but is is a really fun game to play.

glad to hear that mate. I guess if this had come out when I was younger I might of got it but I have no interest in spyro now xD

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom