Skylanders Play and Help Thread

jason7579

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been done elsewhere but I dd a quick search and couldn't find it, which surprised me due to the hype and demand for the game and figures.

I'll start the ball rolling, does anyone know what the treasure does in the pirate seas box?

The treasure chest is excellent we have used it so many times and got loads of coins from it to help the Skylanders to Upgrade

just pop it on the portal and then find it , open it (approx 250 coins inside)
then talk to a character and go back to it and you can open it again, then repeat as often as you like

easiest and quickest way of getting the funds to upgrade

We have played all the characters now including Warnado, Slam Bam, Clam Shell etc and Cynder (who i am most dissapointed with i was looking forward to Cynder but though it was very weak) and our favs so far are Drill sergeant and Camo

We have completed the game and have 87% so we have a way to go while we wait for the new adventure packs to be released

looks as if one may be out Mid Jan along with some of the Wave 3 Figs

I can't find any skylanders anywhere, they are all sold out and I wanna buy more! Any ideas? Btw I'm from the UK

I've only got these:

Attachments

• image-3922747656.jpg
    image-3922747656.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 3,106
Hi BethRwar, and welcome to the forums.
I found for my children (well ok, for me and the missus playing sometimes in the evening aswell) that tesco was the best bet. This is over Telford way in Shropshire.
My suggestion would be that if you are looking for some in particular to put a wanted ad on the forums and maybe someone may see it in the local shops and be able to send for cost+postage?

I personally am not interested in any personal gains from it and so may respond if I saw such a thing.

Other suggestions are smyths if you have one, or the smaller shops like PC world? Surprisingly enough PC world seems to get forgotten about for console games, but it does stock them. Curries and comet are also an option.

Either way, Good luck and hope you have some joy soon.

To continue the thread as it's meant
"what does the health thing do in the other multipack?" I think you put it on portal and then char's gain health, but i'm not sure?

Thanks for the anser re: the treasure chest, I will try to get a list of all items, characters and extras for this thread.

I managed to get a few more characters today, my local Game got a new delivery in.

Any luck on the list?

I have seen one somewhere with release dates but I cannot find it again, I will have another look tonight and post back.

Here is a very good guide of the Skylanders taken from
Code:
http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/collecting_wii_spyro-skylanders.htm

Each of the toy figures belongs to a particular grouping: Earth, Fire, Air, Life, Undead, Magic, Water and Tech. Owning all the characters in one of these groups gives you an extra bonus when you play. Also, the groupings define how the characters perform against each other in the versus mode and in the main campaign. Each group has special areas that only they can access.

Earth Characters: Terrafin Prsim Break Bash Legendary Bash Dino-rang Silver Dino-rang

Fire Characters: Ignitor Eruptor Silver Eruptor Flame Slinger Sunburn

Air Characters: Sonic Boom Lighten Rod Whirlwind Warnado

Water Characters: Gill Grunt Zap Slam Bam Wham Shell

Magic Characters: Spyro Dark Spyro Legendary Spyro Voodood Double Trouble Wrecking Ball

Tech Characters: Trigger Happy Legendary Trigger Happy Boomer Silver Boomer Drobot Drill Sergeant

Life Characters: Stealth Elf Stump Smash Zook Camo

Undead Characters: Chop Chop Legendary Chop Chop Ghost Roaster Hex Cynder

When choosing which toys to collect you need to balance the benefits from owning all of one sat against the being able to pick and choose from the different sets and access more of the special areas. Also, if you are going to be fighting against friends you may want a range of different character groups to select from to match up against their toys. For instance, fighting Fire with Water is more effective than fighting it with Tech.

As well as these groupings. the toys each have a set of starting characteristics that defines how they perform initially and how you can power them up and upgrade them in the videogame.

Firstly, they have a primary and secondary attack that defines both the style, range and effectiveness against different enemies. The primary and secondary attacks can sometimes be used in combination to increase the power or reach of a weapons. For example Prism Break can fire his primary Beam attack into the crystals he summons with his secondary Shard Summon attack to reflect it in more directions and increase its range.

Secondly, each toy has a particular set of upgrades. Again these provide additional attacks that can increase the range and power of their starting weapons. These will either offer a new ability or power up an existing one.

Finally each toy has a set of characteristic stats that define how they perform. These are upgraded as you work through the different levels but still determine how powerful they can become.

The in-game stats detail Max Health (Hit points), Speed (Movement), Armour (How Hard to hit), Critical Hit (Chance of doing extra damage), Elemental Power (Increase effect of elemental zone), Heroics (Challenges completed), Hero Level (Website progress).

The cards/web game stats are slightly different. These detail Attack (the strength of their weapons), Agility (how high they can jump and how fast they can move), Defense (how much damage their armour and body will absorb from an enemy attack), Luck (how quickly they recover from stun attacks), and is used in other non-skill based aspects of the game.

First Wave Skylanders (October 2011)

With the Skylanders figures not being released all together there are some that we still need to track down. A second wave of figures provides the following three characters:
 360/PS3/Wii Starter Pack Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy
 3DS Starter Pack Stealth Elf, Dark Spyro and Ignitor
 Chop Chop
 Boomer
 Drobot
 Stump Smash
 Stealth Elf
 Sonic Boom
 Bash
 Zap
 Eruptor
 Flameslinger
 Voodood
 Prism Break
 Whirlwind (exclusive)
 Drill Sergeant (exclusive)
 Triple Pack A Drobot, Flameslinger Stump Smash
 Triple Pack B Prism Break, Boomer Voodood
 Triple Pack C Eruptor Chop Chop Bash
 Pirate Seas Pack Terrafin
 Darklight Crypt Pack Ghost Roaster

This still leaves a number of figures unreleased, and it looks like they will hit shelves in a third and fourth wave. With one of these in each Element it means that until they are more widely released it is very hard to get a full set -- which grants that all important extra stat boost.

Second Wave Skylanders (December 2011)

With the Skylanders figures not being released all together there are some that we still need to track down. A second wave of figures provides the following three characters:

 Dino-rang
 Hex
 Wrecking Ball
 Triple Pack D Stealth Elf Sonic Boom Wrecking Ball
 Triple Pack E Zap Hex Dino-Rang

This still leaves a number of figures unreleased, and it looks like they will hit shelves in a third and fourth wave. With one of these in each Element it means that until they are more widely released it is very hard to get a full set -- which grants that all important extra stat boost.

Third Wave Skylanders (January 2012)

The third wave of Skylander characters expands on both Single and Triple packs. The following figures have just appeared on Amazon and seem to be a good indication of which will be included in the third wave of figure releases. Although it has not been announced which of the remaining Skylanders will be included in the third wave, or indeed how many this wave will provide. It is likely that it will be another set of three, and be picked from the remaining unreleased characters:

 Double Trouble
 Cynder
 Triple Pack F: Whirl Wind Double Trouble Drill Sergeant
 Empire of Ice Pack Slam Bam

Fourth Wave Skylanders (Easter 2012)

The fourth wave of Skylander figures are rumoured to be as follows:

 Lightning Rod
 Zook
 Ignitor
 Dragon's Peak Pack Sun Burn
 Triple Pack G Cynder Lightning Rod Zook

Fifth Wave Skylanders (June 2012)

The fifth wave of Skylander figures are rumoured to be as follows:

 Warnado
 Camo
 Triple Pack H Ignitor Warnadi Camo

Sixth Wave Skylanders (Summer 2012)

The sixth wave of Skylander figures are rumoured to be as follows:

 Wham Shell

Legendary Skylanders

Legendary figures offer a different painting variation and increase stats. As well as being different colours to the standard Skylanders figures, they look and perform differently in the game itself. Along with the second wave figures these are also hard to find and can generate high prices second hand. Bash, Spyro and Chop-chop Legendary figures can be purchased via the Toys R' Us Triple Pack. Legendary Trigger Happy is the hardest to find and it has been said that he is to be given out through a special Toys 'R Us coupon when you spend $100 or more at Toys-R-Us. Legendary Skylander figures are currently:

 Legendary Bash
 Legendary Spyro
 Legendary Chop Chop
 Legendary Trigger Happy

Silver Skylanders Distributed in Secret

Silver figures are the most rare of all Skylanders toys. They are unlike the Legendary figures in that they have the same stats as their non-silver counterparts. They also look the same as standard figures when used in the game. The novelty, especially for collectors, is in their different physical appearance and packaging. Silver Skylanders are more sought after because of their rarity -- only being sent out randomly to retailers in limited numbers and found on shelves alongside standard Skylander figures. Because of this Silver Skylanders are the most expensive to buy second hand and have already generated five or six times their retail price.

 Silver Dino-rang
 Silver Boomer
 Silver Eruptor

Gold Skylanders Spotted in Stores

Gold figures join the Silver figures as very rare collectible version of the Skylanders toys. Again like the Silver figures the only difference with these characters is that they are painted a different colour. Unlike the Legendary figures (that coincidentally have gold trim) they have exactly the same stats as their nonmetallic counterparts.
The novelty, especially for collectors, is in their different physical appearance and packaging. Gold Skylanders are more sought after because of their rarity -- only being sent out randomly to retailers in limited numbers and found on shelves alongside standard Skylander figures. Because of this Gold and Silver Skylanders are likely to be the most expensive second hand generating five or six times their retail price.

 Gold Chop-Chop

Skylanders Adventure Packs DLC

Some Skylanders packs include special adventure packs. These provide not only exclusive figures but also completely new adventures to take your Skylanders on:

 Pirates Seas and Terrafin
 Darklight Crypt and Ghost Roaster
 Empire of Ice - Coming Soon
 Dragon's Peak - Coming Soon

Full Skylander Character Comparison

Each figure has a different set of statistics in the game that determine how fast, strong, resilient and magical they are. These starting stats are then upgraded as you progress:

Hlth Spd Arm Ht Mgc Total
Stump Smash 340 43 30 20 25 458
Camo 300 50 34 30 25 439
Dino-rang 300 43 30 30 25 428
Legendary Chop Chop 300 50 30 20 25 425
Wham Shell 300 50 18 30 25 423
Legendary Spyro 280 50 18 50 25 423
Terrafin 310 35 18 30 25 418
Legendary Bash 310 35 24 20 25 414
Whirlwind 270 50 18 50 25 413
Ignitor 290 43 12 40 25 410
Warnado 310 35 30 10 25 410
Slam Bam 310 35 30 10 25 410
Chop Chop 300 50 24 10 25 409
Stealth Elf 270 50 12 50 25 407
Sonic Boom 280 50 18 30 25 403
Spyro 280 50 18 30 25 403
Drobot 290 43 24 20 25 402
Bash 310 35 12 20 25 402
Drill Sergeant 290 43 12 30 25 400
Prism Break 290 35 18 30 25 398
Eruptor 290 35 18 30 25 398
Dark Spyro 280 43 24 20 25 392
Voodood 290 35 12 30 25 392
Ghost Roaster 280 43 24 20 25 392
Zap 260 50 24 30 25 389
Flameslinger 250 50 24 40 25 389
Hex 270 43 18 30 25 386
Gill Grunt 270 35 6 50 25 386
Wrecking Ball 270 43 24 20 25 382
Zook 260 43 30 20 25 378
Double Trouble 250 35 18 50 25 378
Cynder 260 43 18 30 25 376
Boomer 230 35 18 50 25 358
Trigger Happy 200 50 30 50 25 355
Legendary Trigger Happy 200 50 30 50 25 355

It goes into more detail of each character and I can copy and paste if wanted but the majority of what is needed should be above.

How to do you fully upgrade your skylanders for the Xbox achievement? I've got the soul gem and I can't upgrade any more in the shop! Please help. Here is a photo of my powers, ftw he's lvl 10

Attachments

• image-1552374215.jpg
    image-1552374215.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 5,025

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom