Question Skylake CPU Cooler

Oishii

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys/girls,

I am doing a mAtx build. I need help choosing a cpu cooler for the Core i7 6700k. I am not very up to date with the current gen pc hardwares as the last pc build I did was a long time ago. Core to quad ;)

I was thinking of getting the Silverstone TD03-lite which cost £47 at Scan. Is this a good cooler?

There are also 3 other 120mm AIO coolers +/- £60 (also on Scan) : Fractal Design KS T12, Silverstone TD03-E and the NZXT x31.

For Air cooler I have read that Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo and Cryorig H7 also are very good and both are around £27. The H7 is also compatible with the choice of my RAM.

Hardware for my new build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
CPU cooler: Undecided
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16gb
GPU: Reuse my current one.
PSU: Reuse my current one.
Storage: Samsung EVO 250 gb
Case: Silverstone TJ08-E

Thank you,

I would go with the Cryorig H7. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

If you have the space then a 240mm rad is the best option personally I've used the Corsair coolers, all have been excellent, Pc I just sold had the h100i gtx, currently I'm using a h80i v2 for the cpu(its a bit deeper than other rads) and a h55 for the gpu.

I use the Noctua NH-U14S U-Series CPU Cooler on my Skylake chip, you will need a midi size Tower Case to accomadate one but this cooler is very very quiet.

Have fun choosing :smashin:

The H100i is a popular choice if youve got the room, the H80i is also decent. I had one cooling my old i7, worked really well but was too thick for my liking and looked rubbish in the case.

On the lower end of the cost scale, the Evo 212 is excellent for the money and the Cooler Master Seidon 120v can be picked up for about £33, its a decent size so easy to fit in small cases (I had mine in an itx build) and performance is really good.

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately I can't use dual rad AIO coolers as my case doesn't support it, 120mm is the max I can use. The Noctua CPU coolers have good cooling and low acoustics from reviews but the only problem with them is the colour of the fan. Who knew choosing a CPU cooler was this hard :)

You dont have to use the fan that comes with it and besides how often are you going to be looking at the inside of you case.

I use the Noctua NH-U14S U-Series CPU Cooler on my Skylake chip, you will need a midi size Tower Case to accomadate one but this cooler is very very quiet.

Have fun choosing :smashin:
I looked at the U14S. The only problem with it is that it makes my main PCI-E x16 slot unusuable.

Thank you for your inputs. I decided to go with a Scythe Kotetsu.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom