SkyHD - the best deal for a new sky customer?

MrKennedy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting Sky.. i currently own an HDTV and am really thinking of going for SkyHD to get the best out of it. I guess like everyone else i'm after the best deal at the moment and if that means waiting then that really isn't a problem. I have noticed alot of stores are doing the £75 deal? etc.

My question is, how much does a subscription roughly cost to HD and what does that include, i've looked over the website and obviously taken down some prices and deals...

I'm really after afew mixes, sky sports/HD - i'd love the Skymovie channels but really can't see myself being able to push £ that far!

The thing is, am i right in thinking i need to subscribe to sky sports to get sky sports hd? or does that come under as the HD £10 package? and the same with skymovies?

I assume the hd channels are £10 a month but in order to get the sky sports hd channels i have to subscribe to normal sky sports sd package which with afew mixes comes to £36 so that's £46 amonth! which is obviously ludacris! :suicide:

cany anyone help, thanks alot.

you have it exactly right, you pay the HD Mix subscription £10p/month and that gives you HD versions of the channel you have, i.e. if you have the sports already then you get them in HD, same with films. hope that clarifies it

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting Sky.. i currently own an HDTV and am really thinking of going for SkyHD to get the best out of it. I guess like everyone else i'm after the best deal at the moment and if that means waiting then that really isn't a problem. I have noticed alot of stores are doing the £75 deal? etc.

My question is, how much does a subscription roughly cost to HD and what does that include, i've looked over the website and obviously taken down some prices and deals...

I'm really after afew mixes, sky sports/HD - i'd love the Skymovie channels but really can't see myself being able to push £ that far!

The thing is, am i right in thinking i need to subscribe to sky sports to get sky sports hd? or does that come under as the HD £10 package? and the same with skymovies?

I assume the hd channels are £10 a month but in order to get the sky sports hd channels i have to subscribe to normal sky sports sd package which with afew mixes comes to £36 so that's £46 amonth! which is obviously ludacris! :suicide:

cany anyone help, thanks alot.

You are correct in saying you need sky sports/movies to get the HD versions of that channel I asked sky myself a few days ago.

EDIT: Someone beat me to posting while I was typing my responce, Sorry for the repeat answer.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks to you both.

Just priced up my requirements on sky.co.uk and came to £48 amonth! :thumbsdow

anyone know how to get it cheaper than this? :rolleyes:

I, like you, thought the price was pretty ludicrous. I pay £47pm for 2 mixes, HD mix and Sky Sports. The 4 remaining mixes are only an extra quid each so I might upgrade to them as well.

The box is £75 if you buy it from Sky. I doubt you'll be able to get that down any further.

IMO Sky only becomes a viable option when you add Broadband and phone. I managed to knock them down on the phone so that unlimited phone and decent broadband was almost free, which means the TV works out a lot less.

But go for it mate, I'm loving the HD :thumbsup:

Jez

Yeh, originally i was going to go for there entire package! (tv, phone, net) but heard some awful things about sky broadband! I'm with o2 which are awesome! so that rules that out and i have apretty good BT line rental deal...
so Sky is pretty much out of the option there, i also heard there talk package they charge u ridiculously for connection charges like 6p or something ontop of what u already pay everytime u dial.

I really want sky sports and the mixes you cant really can't turn down as thats what the Sky package is, then HD is really the best for HDTV's.

Plus on top of that there are the WWE PPV's which are £14.95 every other month, geez, Sky are so kind! :rolleyes:

Well, I'll let you know how my Sky BB & phone comes along, but I don't think its all bad. I will be switching back to AOL if it is really awful, but we shall see.

Jez

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom