SKYHD tel.conn.tripping I/C phone calls.

JH4

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this: since buying a new BT Aqua double handset DECT phone, I/C calls ring once and get tripped. Removing the Sky telephone line shared socket clears the fault. My previous DECT phone was fine with Sky connected, which points I guess to the Aqua phone, but in all other respects it works fine. BT are on the case, but I thought I would mine the depth of knowledge here..
Thanks.
The Sky box correctly reports "Tel line connected", when it is, btw.

I had similar issues but never got to the bottom of it - in the end just left sky unplugged
please let us know if you find out a cause, i'd be interested to know

thanks

Yeh, I'm going to swop out the Sky tel. cord soon to prove if it's got anything to do with it, but it's strange that my previous DECT phone was fine just a day or so ago. The Aqua is a great phone with the Sky tel. cord unplugged btw !
(Maybe it's something to do with the REN of the phone..)

I found that having Sky HD box plugged into my BT landline caused problems with my Broadband connection.Bt said I should have a separate line for the Sky box.So under BT instruction I unplugged the Sky HD box ( out of the years contract with Sky ) and as if my magic broadband problems cleared. Also like the previous report mentions REN number is important so add then up.l:thumbsup:

To many things connected to the phone line can cause a volt drop.That is why each phone/fax machine/sky box is given a REN number.I think the total number of RENS per line is 4.5.Dont quote me on that but its been some time since I worked or a company that makes telephone cable. ( optical and copper )

Yeh, I've fixed it now. It was definitely due to the cable from the Sky HD box to the telephone socket splitter. This cable was in 3 sections, due to the length needed. Replacing this with 2 lengths - using 3 metre + 4 metre cables from PC World solved the problem. ( I had to use this method to get the correct plug at each end.)
BT found no fault with the line.
For info: The REN (Ringer Equivalence Number), of the BT Aqua phone is 1. You can have a total REN of 4 on a single line. Above this and the phone may not ring.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom