SkyHD - slight motion blur / focus Issue!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MrKennedy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi guys,

Im hoping someone can help. I have noticed that on some fast moving or even just moderate camera movements that the picture on my tv will blur, almost like it will go out of focus. I Currently have an PS50q96hd Samsung plasma (720p/1080i capable) and it seems too handle ps3 games and bluray ok, and my hd dvd player too. Its only now sky hd ive noticed it. My skyhd is connected direct to tv via Sony hdmi, my box is set to 1080i output (it is a samsung box as well). Any ideas? is it just down to my tv? when i had sky through scart on my old sky digibox it never seemed as bad. I will try and get some photos up to show what i mean. Its basically ablur when the camera moves speedily, (i notice it on sd and hd channels) Normally an object of central focus or acharacter/product would remain in focus but when the camera moves it seems to lose it with it?
    thankyou for reading

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. kevmarshall

kevmarshall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Try setting to AUTO and let your TV do the scaling instead of the HD box.....

3. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Thanks for the reply, i will give it ago and let you know how i get on :thumbsup:

4. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    No luck unfortunatly, 'auto' setting just made my picture re-tune everytime i change the channel :thumbsdow

I've now changed my TV picture settings to 'Just Scan' though and that seems to have brought alittle extra quality to the picture overall :thumbsup:

I can live with the issue at hand anyway.

thanks again for the suggestion.