SkyHD - Signal Strength + Connections

Samz1uk

Hi,

I have a few issues since moving into a new flat complex last week.
There are three individual Sky wall sockets in the flat, and I have connected two up to my Sky HD box.

I'm missing a few channels (including Sky Premier Movies, and +1) and assume this is because although I have used two cables, the actual wall connections are both Horizontal Polarity connections and there isn't a Vertical Polarity connection. Is this correct? If so, is there any way I can change one of the connections to Vertical?

The other issue is Signal Strength/Signal Quality.
I usually get 0% Signal Strength (yes, Zero %), and around 50-60% quality from both connections. On occasion I lose the second connection.

I get break-up on all "UK TV" channels, but on nothing else.
Do I need to speak to the Management Company who look after the satellite in the building, or Sky, or not worry at all as I seem to get most channels ok?

Many thanks in advance for your replies,
Sam

Starburst

Novice Member
There is no need for seperate H and V outputs in a communal system since they are taken care at the dish with the multiswitch when then provides a fully independent (or two) to each flat.

By all means contact the mangament company after all someone along the way you are paying for this communal system and it's upkeep and SKY have no interest and no legal right to touch a third parties communal system.

It could be worth making a full list of the missing channels (when using one 1 input) and see what the common theme is, it could be a setup issue with the dish/lnb or even local interference.

Samz1uk

Hi Starburst,

Many thanks for your reply. I will speak to the Management Company later this week and see what I can get them to do.

Kind regards,
Sam

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom