SkyHD remote for Sky+ box

C

ctrlaltdelboy

Hi folks

my kids broke my Sky+ remote so I went on ebay looking for a replacement at the lowest price.

one of the best deals I found was a new genuine SkyHD remote at £8.80 delivered, and the item description stated that it would work the Sky+ box, so I got it.

well, I found that it would not operate my sky+ box at all.

some searching for a solution led me to this forum, and I spent a couple of hours searching through the sky/sky+ & sky HD sections for answers; I learned plenty in the process, for example that by default the sky+ remote operates the HD box, but the skyHD remote doesn't operate the sky+ box. I also learned how to set the remote to operate my TV and also my amp, but there was nothing to solve my main problem.

after more searching I finally found the answer here http://www.smart2check.com/remote.htm and I'm now in business with my slick new HD remote - for those not wanting to follow the link and trawl the page the instructions are pasted below:

SkyHD Remote
To change it to a sky plus remote
1) Press the TV button.
2) Press and hold SELECT and i together until the LED flashes twice.
3) Press the number button 1 and then press SELECT.

so I thought I'd share this bit of info with you guys to add to the great knowledge base already here.

cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom