skyhd/pioneer sclx71 receiver

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Deadlift1, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Deadlift1

Deadlift1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys,tried this post in another thread with no results ,hope someone can help.i have optical cable from amp to sky box,at present hdmi 1 is sky and opt1 is dolby digital however when i select tv on amp remote i have dolby digital but no picture when i select hdmi 1 i have sky hd but only basic stereo. [sorry am a bit stupid as this is my first amp with hdmi etc].regards jimmy.

2. Red5StandingBy

Red5StandingBy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jimmytheweed,

I think your wiring is correct. The SkyHD box can only output dolby digital sound over the optical cable. My best guess is that you need to play with the input setup on the amp to configure it to use the HDMI for picture and the optical input for sound.

Look at the section in the manual titled "The Input Setup menu" on page 90 on how to change the default input configuration. Under the TV/Sat input source, change the Digital in to OPT-1 and set HDMI input to HDMI-1.

Based on the fine print on page 91, you may have to turn off HDMI control in order to allow the input settings change. If this is the case, it looks like you'll have to have the amp on every time you want to watch TV.

My little disclaimer – I don't have this amp (yet  ), so the above is just from my reading of the manual. I'm thinking of buying this amp too. When I do I'll have a similar setup as you so I'm really interested to hear how this goes. Can you post back with your findings? Are you happy with the performance?

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009