• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SkyHD on the way :)

B

BryanF

Just got off the phone with a lovely lass called Denise at Customer Relations.

After my email to the CEO she gave me SkyHD for £99 all in :)

One happy fella here now.

Need advice on which box to go for, told her I would reject a Thompson and request any of PACE, Smsung or Amstrad but if anyone has any advice on which one to go for then please tell me :)

Cheers

Bry.

Aeropars

Established Member
thats not the best offer really. Some people have had a box for £49 and the £99 offer is something the retentions department can offer, so in effect emailing the CEO did nothing. I did the same thing and had the same offer.

B

BryanF

Well tbf mate its a damn side better than the £160 I was initially offered and its £10 cheaper then the Currys deal so I cant complain.

Bry.

ThundyCat

Established Member
Just got off the phone with a lovely lass called Denise at Customer Relations.

After my email to the CEO she gave me SkyHD for £99 all in :)

One happy fella here now.

Need advice on which box to go for, told her I would reject a Thompson and request any of PACE, Smsung or Amstrad but if anyone has any advice on which one to go for then please tell me :)

Cheers

Bry.

Well Done,

Any chance of a copy of the letter you sent the CEO so as I can get the box for £99?

I'm not very good at writing letters:(

J

jingle68

dont automatically reject a Thompson box, ive had one since my brand new Samsung HD box failed 1 hour after installation in December & the only probs i have are intermittant lip sync issues, which occur on all makes.

Jaycee Dove

Established Member
And we have had a Thomson since day one of Sky HD in May 2006 - so they are not all totally bad. Not perfect but never had to get Sky out to it.

We also have a Pace (on multiroom) and I do prefer this, but if it was a choice between nothing and a Thomson would have no qualms.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom