SkyHD new install - problem with channel/s! please help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MrKennedy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi guys,

Ive just had my HD box installed, everything is ok, apart from the fact that Sky Sports 3 HD isn't working!
    I have sky sports 1, 2 and 3 (SD) and Sky sports 1 and 2 (HD) but not sky sports 3!!! it's telling me to ring and subscribe to the channel, ive rang sky up and told them that i subscribe to all the sports channels and HD (obviously, as the other's are working) they told me to do a fresh installation by settings on the controller (option4) etc which completed fine, but still no sky sports 3 HD!

i rang again after and they said it was because the card had not been activated?! :confused: the guy who came to install it never rang sky and she asked me why not?... :eek: how do i know?!! :eek:

So anyway, was on hold for way too long and hung up!

so rang back :mad: (not happy) and the lady said there were issues, something about couldnt pair the serial number to the version to the viewing card or something? i really dont know... but she said someone will look into this and should have it sorted for me... i am assuming this will just be a pass on to another department and get ignored job! as they said that first of all :rolleyes:

I'm not happy so far i have to say, im paying for something im not getting and WWE is on sky sports 3, so i would say it's fine, but it really isn't, why cant it be sky sports 2 im without!...

anyway, does anyone have any experience with this issue? or anything simular and how to go about resolving it or at least what to say to the sky team to get them at least get things going!, it's not that hard to get a channel displayed it is? on there end. I keep doing a new installation via the settings on remote and still no luck :(

My other question quickly is, as far as picture and audio settings go for SkyHD box, what are the best settings?

Many thanks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. rusty73

rusty73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Had a similar problem with my install the other week, when I phoned Sky they asked for the Sky box serial number, my viewing card number etc she activated movies & sport there & then.

3. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107

Thanks, interesting, i was told she couldn't pair them up on the phone :(

I'm going to ring them in abit again as WWE Smackdown is on at 10pm :D

4. rusty73

rusty73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Any luck??

5. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I was told earlier on the phone she couldn't pair them up on the screen and just rang again now and she explained it's getting an error message on the linking between activation and the card?.... The I.T. department are going to look into it in the next 24 hours, she said she will forward the information and someone should call me, which is ok i guess, least i'm getting SD Sky Sports 3 for now.

I don't suppose anyone with knowledge of the technical side of Sky would know that if i requested a new viewing card from Sky over the phone they would be able to re-install setup my channels etc?
    I dont want to be without sky sports 3 HD as WWE is shown on it and that's mainly the reason i got Sky! :lease:

6. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187

A new viewing card is unlikely to resolve the issue. it sounds like a system issue on your Sky account that needs to be escalated to a higher dept with better tools to resolve the issue. i wouldn;t hold out much hope for the 24 hours thing and you're unlikely to receive a call unless they require more information though. :(

7. newboy2008

newboy2008

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Cool.But his problem is not so simple.The card has been "paired".He has some sport premium channels so his card must be paired.The problem seems to be that when you take Sky sports 1 and 2,sky sports 3 should kick in as a "free" channel.For some reason this is not happening so as already suggested,keep on at sky to sort it sharpish.

8. MrKennedy

MrKennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi guys,

just to confirm, the problem has now been resolved. Am enjoying Sky Sports 3 HD :D

9. reddevil63

reddevil63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    Noticed am not getting Sky Sports 3 HD either. Got the full sports package and the other two HD channels just not SS3HD.

EDIT: Working now, must have taken awhile to kick in.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009