SkyHD Lead Times

Biglad_UK

I have been putting off getting SkyHD for a while....but this morning I went on to the online upgrade section of sky's website to see when I could get an install and the first date that was offered to me was Monday 28th August......thats in 5 days.

Does this mean that the supply problem has now been resolved or was there never a supply problem, just a lack of installers ?

Also, has anyone got a discount on the price of the box from sky yet ?

Si

T

TEDDYBASS

Probably the installers and the area you are in. I booked 2 weeks ago and have an install date of 12th Sept.

rbentley

Standard Member
My installer told me he believes there was never a shortage of boxes, it was all intended to build artificial demand...

Hi-Def

Novice Member
up take really isnt that big they sold 40k boxes to 8m subscribers

my guess is that now the initial wave of people, who really understand HD have taken it up, demand will be a trickle rather than a wave. I hear most independants can come down within a few days or let you pick up boxes within a day or straight away if it doesnt have to be ordered

bigvic

Standard Member
Hi All,

I work for a Trade Distribution company, we had 2 pallets delivered late last week, so Indipendent Installers can now pick them up.

Regards

Bigvic

C

chasrc2

rbentley said:
My installer told me he believes there was never a shortage of boxes, it was all intended to build artificial demand...
Hardly logical or believable is it? Is he seriously suggesting, knowing that they themsleves already have major problems with customer service, that they would deliberately put themselves in a position where it would only add to all those problems not to mention the ridicule the press/mags would heap on them? Sorry, doesn't wash...in any case I think the World Cup was sufficient to stimulate all the demand they ever wanted or could handle:confused:

Giblets2

Novice Member
rbentley said:
Here we go, conspiracy theories again! Did he tell you that the Moon landings were faked too? ;)

loz

I think it is also a factor that they are now running out of buyers.
The early adopters have adopted.
Now the hard work of motivating the mass market really starts.
Unfortunately, that's a mass market who typically can't see anything wrong with today's PQ....

Expect to be annoyed when you see all the HD special offers starting in the run up to Christmas, after you just splashed out £300....

hysys

Standard Member
I think that I have to agree with loz.

I suspect that most of the people who wanted sky HD have it, so now you are left with the ones who wanted to see if the sky HD boxes are OK (Not sure it is if you have Pioneer Plasma and Denon Amp :eek: ) or people not interested.

IMHO sales will go to down until they change the price...

For my area it was late october recently it is down to 5th of september