• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

SkyHD box losing picture

Dazo

Wondering if my box is on its way out. It has worked flawlessly for about 9-10 months connected via HDMI to my Samsung TV but have experienced a few problems recently. Started a couple if 2-3 weeks ago when i got home from work and switched the TV on to notice the tv reporting nothing was connected to the hdmi socket selected. The sky box was completely unresponsive so I had to disconnect the power and reboot the box. Same thing happened a couple if days later and randomly ever since. Tried 3 different hdmi cables and 4 different hdmi sockets on the TV and this still happens. When I did change socket it seemed to work fine for a longer period.

I have also very recently had the box freeze or become very laggy to remote control commands.

Is it safe to assume the sky box is on its way out or has a fault and not the TV ? Both were bought at the same time so both under 1 year old.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Stevenage Neil

What colour is the power light on the Sky box when this happens? (Look up "Eco mode")

Dazo

Oh meant to say standby mode was set to Active and as far as i am aware has been like this since install.

logiciel

Clearly the Sky machine IS going wrong.
Sky will soon fix it for you.

Dazo

Yeah sky will swap the box no problem but it is a 2tb box with a lot of recordings to lose. Was kind of hoping it was a TV fault.

MartinPickering

Clearly the Sky machine IS going wrong.
Sky will soon fix it for you.
Sky never fix Digiboxes. They send them away for repair so all recordings are lost. If you don't want to lose recordings, try an independent repairer such as Michael at Digifix. He will charge but at least he will do his best to save your recordings.

(If you think it's caused by interference from the TV, move the Digibox away from the TV - but I think it unlikely.)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom