Skyfall Soundtrack Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
The arrival of a new James Bond movie and its subsequent score has long been an event of major anticipation and, of course, frantic discussion. Thomas Newman, a complete newcomer to the franchise and somebody that many fans thought of as being left-field, performs the scoring duties on Daniel Craig’s third and pivotal mission. The following dissection would not have been possible in such detail without the aid of several viewings at the fabulous Light Cinema in New Brighton.

WARNING. Do not read this review if you haven’t seen the film. As usual. I’m going quite in-depth, so the whole thing is shot through with a great many spoilers.

Cinematic Bond turned 50 in terrific style with Sam Mendes’ Skyfall. For me, personally, the film was a rollercoaster ride of modern-day heroics, bravado, patriotism and, somewhat unexpectedly, high emotion. Daniel Craig was reunited with Sam Mendes after their collaboration on...

Read the full review...

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Hey Chris :smashin:

Right, first thing, I can't read your review as you have said not to if you have not seen the movie, well I haven't :rolleyes:

Been busy of late and partly due to a new home cinema so not all work and no play ;)

To this end, Bond in IMAX may not happen for a week or two, but I really want to see it.

However, having not seen the film and being tied up somewhat, I forgot about the movie score too :facepalm:

Sounds like you are singing its praises so I am gonna get that downloaded this weekend cheers so will look forward to listening to that and hope for some cool "action" tracks to get the heart pounding !

The other thing ....

You make reference to doing a write up of your top 10 soundtracks for this year, I would very much like to read that but can't locate it mate, can you point me in thye right direction please ?

Keep up the good work :devil:
Whose reviewing Sly's and Arnie's films in January then ? :smashin:

DrGekko

Dude, what's wrong with the Adele song? I think it's one of the best themesongs ever! Have you heard the others recently?? :rolleyes:

Glenn01 IMAX - I went and I was disappointed as none of it was shot in IMAX... however, the sound was bloody awesome. ;)

Glenn01

Distinguished Member

Thanks Simon ... have never visited that page before :confused: so thanks for revealling this secret stealthy area to me ;) :smashin:

CM sound track corner and horror film reviews :thumbsup:

As for the Soundtracks, The Dark Knight Rise HAS TO BE the #1 of the year for me, still playing it now and can't get enough of it, almost every track is superb and no fillers at all.

Dredd is a surprise although I have not seen the movie, so gotta get that now too.

Thanks for the reveiws and pointers Guys :smashin:

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Dude, what's wrong with the Adele song? I think it's one of the best themesongs ever! Have you heard the others recently?? :rolleyes:

Glenn01 IMAX - I went and I was disappointed as none of it was shot in IMAX... however, the sound was bloody awesome. ;)

Yeah I know its not shot in IMAX mate but just find the imax picture and sound quality far superior to regular screens.

Heard the sound is top notch :cool:

Russell22

Standard Member
I thought that Thomas newmans soundtrack was the weak point of the film. It wasn't a bond score that was the problem. There was scant use if the bond theme and Adele' s wonderful song was only woven into the score in one scene, something that bond scores always usually do. I hope David Arnold comes back for the next one.

Sunz

Standard Member
Hey, I Thought the review was excellent. I'm an avid listener and collector of background scores. I manged to see Skyfall only once and found it difficult to place what music goes where (even though the titles of the tracks suggest so..but you never can be sure can you?) Was looking for a track by track summary and found just that.
I agree with most of of what is said about the score itself. Except the obvious contempt for The Adele Title Song. Loved that myself...but I guess that's that!
Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom