1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skybox to DVR-420 no sound on Autoview record

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cryocon, Sep 11, 2005.

1. cryocon

cryocon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just recently got myself a Pioneer DVR-420 and have my Skybox connected to it via the VCR Scart out and into AV2 on the 420. I have no problem recording anything if i just press record, but when i do a programme select and Autoview from the Personal Planner on Sky and set the 420 to Auto Record the picture records ok but i don't get any sound.

I can't understand what the problem could be as i get sound if i do a manual record but not an auto record. The audio is coming through the same Scart lead so if it works for on it should work for the other. :confused:

Anyone else had a similar problem or know of what could be wrong here.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    If your Pioneer DVR-420 has RGB in on AV2 you are not getting the best pic quality on your setup as RGB is only output from the TV scart on the digibox. The VCR scart only outputs composite video. Change the settings on your digibox and DVDR to RGB in their setup menu.
    Maybe worthwhile trying this.........you never know it might solve your problem as well.

3. cryocon

cryocon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i don't use the VCR Scart out of the skybox i can't do Autoview and Autorecording, plus i have tried the connecting the Skybox TV out straight into the DVR420 AV2 in and the picture quality is no different to the composite signal. The DVR420 had the AV input set to RGB as well.