Sky1HD Sound loss BSG?

turbohat

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else suffer sound loss at the beginning of tonight's BSG on HD? Seemed stuttery on SD too. Everything else fine

Yes mate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky have cocked it right up this week :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yup & me too.

Sounds like dirty tape heads...

I'm on standard Sky+(non HD) and it's the same, sounded like the Cylons had got into my amp there for a while.:eek:

Its repeated on Sky 2 tomorrow night @ 9pm

Cant find it in HD again:mad:

Oh ***!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

One of their premier shows and they manage to fubar it. Retards.

and a frakkin awesome episode too :-(

no word of apology at the end of the transmission either

Yep lost all sound twice on HD. Sound on Sky1 was garbled. Sky 2 was fine so I new it was not the box!

Muppets!!

Aye muppets. Come back from work to watch my Sky+ HD recording to be fubbared.

Yeah pretty poor I must say, quite a few little break ups in picture as well. Not quite as bad as when the best part of a Prison Break episode was silent, but still annoying.

Great episode as well, one of the best yet.

Yup same for me also :(, the one programme I look forward to all week and its fubar :(

No repeat on HD as well. Anyone have a link to complain to Sky. I doubt we will get a schedule change but an Anytime airing would compensate.

Didn't even bother watching it, saw this thread and deleted it straight away. I will get it another way..

My dad goes "Why are we actually paying for Sky HD!!!"

Hustle for the last two weeks lip sync on BBCHD, granted it was not Skys fault but BSG just takes the biscuit, you would think Sky would check there prime shows before broadcast them.

:mad: I'd like to congratulate the engineers at Sky - When the sound went down I was really worried, but they came thru - and fixed it in time for the adverts - Then it went down again - Crikey! (I won't be able to hear remaining commercial breaks!) - But no - God bless em - They worked their magic and got it back for the next ad break - You bl:censored:y useless Shower!!! :mad::suicide::mad::suicide::mad::suicide:

Yep my recording was ruined by two sound drop outs and multiple picture break ups too..... funnily enough I noticed that there weren't any problems with the adverts though :rolleyes:

Given that Sky push BSG as one of their prime time shows and HD as their flagship product I can't believe that their budget can't stretch to getting some decent technical staff/equipment. After all if one man and his dog can knock out an illegal release on the internet in their spare time which is better than Sky's offering then you've got to wonder what Sky actually use their subscription money for.

I've still got 8 months of my HD contact for Sky to sort out all the issues that seem to be plaguing me (Dolby digital sound drop outs - not limited to BSG unfortunately - and the usual lipsync issues), but if the situation hasn't improved then I can see my HD box going up on eBay.

My Panansonic TH-42PX80B was due to be delivered today, and I had big plans for BSG to be the first show I watched on it (ok, it was going to be in SD cause I haven't ordered Sky HD yet, but still...)

Anyway, because of the weather they got in touch to say they weren't coming and have re-scheduled. Thank god for that - I could just imagine the crushing dissapointment when one of my favourite shows craps out on me on my brand new telly, with me none the wiser if it was Sky or the TV to blame.
:rolleyes:

Where are subtitles these days :confused:

While the sound was gone I thought I could at least follow with some subtitles but there weren't any?

Fiddled with my amp and found a setting where I could just about make it out. Still stupid, but they did maage to fix it for those stunning adverts :mad:

Thought my amp was goosed as well until i rewound and worked out that the drop-outs were consistent. Thanks Sky :mad:

Yeah, I thought it was a problem with my amp too. Really quite annoyed about it given the content of the episode - should have been memorable for what happened in it rather than the sound dropouts.

They could at least stick a version with the sound sorted out on Anytime. That would mitigate things a bit.

Yeah pretty poor I must say, quite a few little break ups in picture as well. Not quite as bad as when the best part of a Prison Break episode was silent, but still annoying.

Great episode as well, one of the best yet.

that was the last epsiode of prision break i ever watched i was away when it happened and could not get another copy of the episode :mad:

so were all watching bsg again tonight on sky 2 then :thumbsup:

that was the last epsiode of prision break i ever watched i was away when it happened and could not get another copy of the episode :mad:

so were all watching bsg again tonight on sky 2 then :thumbsup:

Not me. Obtained it by other means.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom