Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by marck, Aug 17, 2003.

1. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am thinking of upgrading my Sky to Sky+ - is it worth it?

Also, does anyone know of any good deals that can currently be had (best I have seen is £200 for the box and £10pm extra)?:eek:

2. Mora

Mora
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Info that ive seen on the forum, suggests that we should wait a couple of months for:

new models

removal of the rip off tenner

I'm going to wait till October and see if sky can tempt me.

3. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you know what the difference will be with the new models? Also, is that def going to happen in October?

Thanks

4. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The October rumour is just that a rumour. Sky has not released any information officially.

I have read elsewhere that Sky will either be reducing the subscription to £5 /month or phasing it out altogether.
    Considering the V2 Sky+ box was released earlier this year the general consenus seems to be that the new boxes will have different storage capacities. Many users have been successfully upgrading their Sky+ boxes with 60, 80 & 120Gb hard drives (and invalidating the Warranty in the process).
    There is another rumour that there might also be a broadband upgrade connection.
    Also it seems that dual record feature upgrade might not be released until October time too. It makes sense that Sky will announce all this with a major advertising campaign.
    Seeing as Sky+ was only made avialable in Ireland in the last few weeks I can wait a bit longer to see what happens in the run up to Christmas.

Just remember, users have been waiting for almost a year for promised dual record feature never mind anything else! Nothing is set in stone yet

Owen

5. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the advice - I think I will hang on and see what happens. I am sure they will introduce it pre Christmas.