Sky+

G

G.M.

Can any sky+ owners tell me if, when the new lnb is fitted to the dish, to enable use of the twin tuners feature is there 2 cables coming through the wall from the dish instead of 1?
regards,
G.M.

Yes there are G.M.; one for recording and one for normal viewing / live pause. They install a Quad LNB so you will have 2 spares.

Hope this helps.

wilber

Or 1 spare if you have a mirror sub

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Some installers are replacing the existing single cable with a twin cable in a single sheath although it considered inferior to having two seperate cables.

Originally posted by Starburst
Some installers are replacing the existing single cable with a twin cable in a single sheath although it considered inferior to having two seperate cables.
Surprisingly, it seems to work just fine.

Mine was installed with about 25 metres of the twin which has the advantage of being neat and goes through a single 10mm hole. I get about 50% signal strength and about 75% signal quality on both channels.

gringottsdirect

I tried separate cables, being advised shielding more effective....
I tried the other too, couldn't say any difference.

Rathion

Standard Member
Originally posted by DaveCheltenham
Surprisingly, it seems to work just fine.

Mine was installed with about 25 metres of the twin which has the advantage of being neat and goes through a single 10mm hole. I get about 50% signal strength and about 75% signal quality on both channels.

Hmmm I have about 75% strength and 90% quality on both.

I have two seperate cables but I would put the difference down to dish alignment rather than cabling.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom