Sky - Yet more AWFUL service...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Desticado, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    what can I say... maybe Im naive... maybe im a fool to look for the best in people...

here's a copy of a letter I've just sent to sky after today's happenings.....

:suicide:

--------------------------------

dear sir/madame
    Im writing to inform you of the appaling service I have today experienced from your company.
    I recently made a booking to have the sky package in my house upgraded to the SKY+ service and an appointment for wednesday the 9th of September was duly made. I attend a regular business meeting every wednesday morning and arrived home at about 9.15 to two telephone messages from your company.

The first telephone message stated that "we do not have your telephone number, can you please call us to confirm your appointment"
    The second message stated that "we do not have your telephone number and cannot confirm your house number"

I thought it rather strange that your company telephoned me to say that it did not have my telephone number but decided at the time to not query it but to simply get the matter resolved. After several phone calls an engineer (Martin) arrived at about 1.00pm.

He installed my sky+ digibox, resting only to take two personal phone calls (obviously NOT work related due to the conversation) on his mobile phone... after having fitted the digibox he gave me the form to sign and a box with the new 4input LNB, saying he was done. I queried why he had not fitted the new LNB as I thought that it was needed for the sky+ digibox & service to correctly function, to which his response was "not at all, you only need it if you're using more than one sky box". Although I thought this was incorrect at the time I took the oppinion that an employee of your company would be a trained individual and would not lie to customers....

Time passed and I soon discovered that my digibox did not work correctly as the new LNB was indeed required along with an additional cable that should have been fitted and connected...

I have now had to make another appointment for an employee of yours to again visit my home in the hope that this time he will A) be qualified, B) not lie to me, and C) actually be able to do what your company was contracted to do.

Due to the inability of your company to offer any guidance to timings for the new appointment I find myself in a predicament of having to take 'ANOTHER' day off work for you to rectify mistake. I work as an IT consultant earning £300 per day and would like to know how your company would care to recompense me for my loss of earnings for the additional time I will have to now take off due to your at best bodged and at worst deceitful service.

My details are as follows...... <SNIP>

2. GETanner

GETanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    done... who is he?

MD or something?

4. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    the more i think about this, the more flabbergasted I find myself and the whole thing.

Just off to check the details of the 'watchdog' website, for what its worth. Might as well CC them one also.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I sometimes find myself laughing at the incompetence of some of the people SKY either employee or contract installations out too but that is just to pathetic to even raise a smile.

Even if it was the guys first day on the job and SKY are rushed off their feet with SKY+ installs there is simply no excuse:(

6. GETanner

GETanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Tony Ball is Chief executive and managing director of BSkyB.

When I've had problems in the past, a quick email to his address always resulted in a swift response from someone who does not use a crib sheet for answers.

Guy

7. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well nothing yet, guess I'll just have to be patient.

Will give it a couple of days and then start stiring the pot.