Sky Yahoo Mail How do I opt out?

paul777

Established Member
Reaction score
Sky Yahoo Mail How do I opt out? It has opted Me in and I don't want it it has took over my yahoo toolbar and personal account. I don't want Sky to have access to my personal emails, I am very angry and cannot get in touch with them to sort it Sky mess up yet again, when will Sky ever learn to do things right first time round idiots.:mad:

Are you saying that you were not informed, like the rest of Sky customers, not necessarily Sky TV customers, (this is a Sky TV forum), about the change over?

No I am not saying that I am saying I didn't ask for it or want it Sky make a mess of it again.

So, you are saying that you do not want a @sky.com email address?

Easy, get a gmail account

Last edited:
I do not want Sky taking over my toolbar and personal email account. They are welcome to sending me emails about nevermiss etc. But I dont use their email service at all Neil and as I understand it they will be importing all my contacts emails etc. from My personal email address.

informed, like the rest of Sky customers
I'm one, I wasn't, I've never heard of it.
Whatever it is it should be simplicity itself to close it down - what's preventing that, paul777?

I'm one, I wasn't, I've never heard of it.
Whatever it is it should be simplicity itself to close it down - what's preventing that, paul777?

Well you see I can't I don't think as I like nevermiss and my news letters etc. They have made a right mess of it according to google and Sky help they haven't a clue how to fix it. I have put a complaint in, but if you can think of a way of me getting what i have stated mate without them getting my personal info please tell me straight away Logi mate.

Like I said, I don't even know what it is, but I'll try if you give some details.
If it's a computer program surely you can use Control Panel> Programs to uninstal it?
Or is it something to do with your account at MySky?
If it's their doing then they have to get rid of it if you say so.

Like I said, I don't even know what it is.
If it's a computer program surely you can use Control Panel> Programs to uninstal it?
Or is it something to do with your account at MySky?
If it's their doing then they have to get rid of it if you say so.
Yes it's to do with My Sky mate and they are copying you're personal emails etc accross which I do not want at all there is enough Big Brother stuff they have already without this, it's an invasion of you're privacy. And especially when you didn't opt in for it and guess what opt out is not working. Sky Believe in worse.

Last edited:
That it's at MySky should make things easier.
Use the Complaints form from there and make your requirements 100% clear - you want out of it.
They can be awkward at times but if you stand your ground you finish up getting what you want.
In another part of the forum it's called Polite Persistence Pays.
HTH - Logi.

You're welcome paul - let us know how it goes - there's a step after the form if you need it.

There's a step after the form if you need it? what do you mean mate I don't understand I have finally got an answer from Sky. What they are saying is they are not copying all you're personal email messages etc its just Sky.com email service which was run by gmail but now changed to Yahoo that will be copied so I won't be affected as I don't use it and thanks very much for you're help again logi

PPP has three steps - the message form at MySky - then the complaints form there, then an-e-mail to the CEO.
Good to know you're OK about it now, and you were very welcome to any assistance.:blush:

PPP has three steps - the message form at MySky - then the complaints form there, then an-e-mail to the CEO.
Good to know you're OK about it now, and you were very welcome to any assistance.:blush:

I didn't know that straight to the CEO.:thumbsup:

Yes, you write to Jeremy Darroch's e-mail address and get a helpful reply back from a Service Excellence Consultant aka Sexcee.
Check out the two threads with Replacement PVR in their headers for the details.

Yes, you write to Jeremy Darroch's e-mail address and get a helpful reply back from a Service Excellence Consultant aka Sexcee.
Check out the two threads with Replacement PVR in their headers for the details.
Will do mate thank you again.

:blush::thumbsup:

Calm down...

They are moving their email service from Gmail to Yahoo, in doing so they are moving the emails and contacts from the old account to the new. It should not affect any personal yahoo or gmail accounts you had outside of Sky. If you had a personal yahoo account before the change over you should be able to sign out of the sky yahoo account and then back into the original, the two will be separate.

Calm down...

They are moving their email service from Gmail to Yahoo, in doing so they are moving the emails and contacts from the old account to the new. It should not affect any personal yahoo or gmail accounts you had outside of Sky. If you had a personal yahoo account before the change over you should be able to sign out of the sky yahoo account and then back into the original, the two will be separate.
Yeah mate but I was in a panic, as I thought all emails would start coming into My Sky account. Just a bit of a pain now that my toolbar changes and I have to sign back into my personal Yahoo account not just once but a couple of times and it keeps asking for my password for my personal account. Never did that until this happened with Sky.

Uninstall the new toolbar and reinstall the old one.. Then manually login to the sky account as needed, or see if it can be configured to forward any email to your personal account and just use that.

Uninstall the new toolbar and reinstall the old one.. Then manually login to the sky account as needed, or see if it can be configured to forward any email to your personal account and just use that.
I like the new toolbar mate just something I will have to put up with.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom