sky without a card??

kippaxkid

Standard Member
Picked up a sky box on car boot , just to use at my caravan to get free channels , 1.will i need a card...2.what channels will i recieve without a card? thanks

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Picked up a sky box on car boot , just to use at my caravan to get free channels , 1.will i need a card...
A card will give channel 5 on the EPG, regionalise the BBC and ITV 1 channels to the postcode it was issued to, and if a valid FreesatFromSky or cancelled sub card (except for cards cancelled by Sky as being used "illegally" ) it will allow viewing of the FTV channels and also allow setting/removal of parental controls if you know the PIN linked to the card.
2.what channels will i recieve without a card? thanks
Without the card you will receive the FTA channels (those in pale cream) shown here
Sky UK on Astra 2A/2B/2D & Eurobird 1 at 28.2°E - LyngSat
Except 101 will be BBC1 London, 102 will be BBC2 England, 103 will be ITV1 West Midlands and 104 will be Channel 4.

The FTV channels with a card are some of the ITV1 regions (shown in pink), 5*, 5* +1, 5 USA, 5 USA +1, Pick TV, Pick TV +1, LFC TV, Viva, Motors TV and if an HD box Channel 5HD.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom