Sky+ with VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by balbridie, Mar 7, 2006.

Tags:
  1. balbridie

balbridie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sky+ box but no longer subscribe. I live in rural Scotland and have a very poor analogue / freeview signal ( the reason I got Sky in the first place) Having given up the subscription I can of course no longer record to the Sky+ box. I have also mislaid the manual! How do I set-up my VCR which I have got out of the attic so that I can record progs and will I be able to record any of the FTA channels I receive? Also will I be able to watch one channel whilst recording a second? Sorry if this has been covered before. I did have a look but didn't find anything that covered my questions. Thanks for any help you can give me>:)

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,568
    Anything you view through the Sky digibox can be recorded.
    Simply connect the VCR by scart lead to the VCR out scart socket on the digibox and select that input on the VCRs remote...so if the scart socket on the VCR is labelled AV2 or EXT2 or whatever just select that and hit record.
    You cannot watch one Sky channel and record a different one.

3. balbridie

balbridie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. I also meant to ask will I be able to time-record? That is will I have to tune the VCR into the FTA channels? I haven't used the VCR to record since being at a previous address when I only had terrestrial. Thanks again.

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,568
    You don't "Tune" the VCR to the digibox, just connect it by scart as I stated.
    When you want to record a prog using the timer on the VCR you will need to make sure the Sky digibox is left switched on and on the channel you want to record.
    When setting the timer on the VCR after selecting the date, switch-on/switch-off time etc in the postion where it asks what programme you want to record just input whatever scart the digibox is connected to...so if the digibox is connected to AV2 or EXT2 on the VCR just select that as the prog position.

5. balbridie

balbridie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! Much appreciated.:)

6. awhb

awhb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way to get Sky+ to do the "autoview" option found in standard Sky boxes, rather than having to leave it on at a particular channel?

:confused:

7. xxxx

xxxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    No.