Sky + with Sky HD Box

Fubsy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anybody help

I currently have an ageing Sky+ box and subscription but unfortunately the box is miss behaving and may have to replaced at my own cost as it is outside the agreement with sky.

My question is if i buy a Sky HD box can i get this box configured to give us the sky + as we have now with the benefit of BBC & ITV HD free as i dont want to go down the route OF sKY hd yet as i dont think that it is worth the extra £120 a year and we dont know yet whether we will like HD.

If this can be done it it free by sky

Your advice would be appreciated

Ta

Can anybody help

I currently have a sky+ box and subscription but unfortunately the box is becoming a problem and will need to be replaced at my own cost as it is out of warranty etc with sky.

My question is if i buy a second hand / repaired sky HD box will sky transfer the sky+ contract to the HD machine so that i have the same facilities as with the sky + box, and will i be able to receive the free BBC HD & ITV HD so that i can see whether i will like the HD format without at this stage having to spend £120 a year for Sky HD and would this be all free by Sky or what would the cost be by sky

Many Thanks

Yes, yes, yes, yes - not sure how many questions you asked in total, but yes you can source your own HD box, yes you can watch the free HD channels on it without subscribing to the HD Pack, yes Sky will pair your card with this new box so you can watch all your premium subs channels on it and use it for Sky+ functionality and none of it will add anything to your monthly subscription.

Just be careful when you phone Sky up about pairing the card to your new box as they will try to go down the 'upgrade to HD' route unless you make sure they understand that yes you have a HD box but you only want your Sky+ subscription transferred to the new box.
I did a similar thing moving from Sky to Sky+ (bought second hand Sky+ box and quad LNB fitted myself) and realised half way through the conversation on the phone that he was signing me up to a full Sky+ install:facepalm:

My son recently replaced his old standard Sky box (with full package subscription) with a Sky+HD box that I passed on to him and phoned Sky to get his card matched with the new box. He did not want Sky HD channels at this time, just the Sky+ recording facility, but he was told that he must take out an HD subscription. Anyone else experienced this situation?

My son recently replaced his old standard Sky box (with full package subscription) with a Sky+HD box that I passed on to him and phoned Sky to get his card matched with the new box. He did not want Sky HD channels at this time, just the Sky+ recording facility, but he was told that he must take out an HD subscription. Anyone else experienced this situation?

That is absolute rubbish!

Just call up Sky and get them to pair the old card with the new box.

Yes I thought the same and got him to call Sky again and complain. They said there was nothing they could do after a long tedious conversation! I'll get him to phone again. It is so difficult to get any action from Sky when you are messed about like that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom