1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ with Panny Home Cinema kit

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by J-K, Jun 9, 2005.

1. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can help [again]! I finally have my Pioneer 435 XDE plasma set up! The sound from the screen goes straight into my Panasonic SCHT 870 surround sound system, which is always left on! Also, I have Sky+ amongst other bits and bobs...

Now - I have to use 3 remotes, and it's really annoying! I have the regular remote for the plasma, which is rarely used, just to flip between Sky+ and digital freeview [or picture-in-picture] etc., and just to turn the screen on!

I have the Sky+ remote which obviously get's used the most...

And I have the surround sound remote - which, again, very rarely used, except for adjusting the volume [it's always left on, so not even used for the power].

Is there anyway to consolidate them down to 2 remotes - by programming the Sky+ remote to work on the Pio plasma, or preferrably the Panny surround sound? If so - does anyone know the codes for it?! I'd love to be able to adjust the volume from the Sky+ remote, but this obviously has to go through the surroud sound, and I don't know if that's possible...

Before you ask - I have thought of the All-in-one remotes, but i just don't think it's a good enough option right now, nor do I want to spend the money on a decent one!

Thanks a LOT!
    JK

2. Moleshome

Moleshome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy yourself a Harmony 655, simple to set up, works beautifully and someone on here was advertising them for (I think) £51.

3. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for that mate!

Does anyone else have any ideas how I can get my Sky+ remote to control the volume on my Panny SCHT 870 surround sound system?

Cheers,
    JK

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    There was a thread recently on Sky+ remote codes for controlling AVRs - dont know if your system was included as I was only looking for the Denon 2805 which I have (and it did have the code for that).

Do a search on the forum and it should bring it up

5. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Excellent, thanks Astaroth! Tried searching - but couldn't find the right thread. If anyone know's which one it was, or keywords to seach on, i'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
    JK