Sky+ with only one feed from dish?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PhilJW, Oct 27, 2005.

1. PhilJW

PhilJW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had my second sky+ fitted.

However it only has one input from the dish because it is housed in a built in unit with no way for the installer to fit another cable.

This means however that it will only record the channel the box is currently set on, so to record something when I'm out I have to remember to set it on the right channel.

Is there anyway to set up the sky+ box so that it recognises that there is only one input and change the channel accordingly?

All help appreciated.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Others in the predicament have found that the only way to achieve what you want to do is to set up "dummy" recordings to make sure that the wanted recordings always occur on input 1. If you look back through the archives, you may find the actual threads.

P.S. There is also a unit called a "stacker/de-stacker" which enables both dish outputs to be sent down one cable, but to use it you have to have the best quality cabling for the single downlead.

3. PhilJW

PhilJW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks. This 'dummy recording' thing seems to be the only way to do it but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

All I've got to do now is get the incredibly noisy Thompson replaced with a Pace and all will be well.........