Sky+ with no dish

zappo

Novice Member
Does anyone know how to get a SkyPlus box working without a dish attached, I am away from home and was hoping to view some of the stuff on the Hard disk but when I select the planner it searches for programmes but never ends as there is no dish.

I was hoping there might be an engineers fix for this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

neilmcl

zappo said:
Does anyone know how to get a SkyPlus box working without a dish attached, I am away from home and was hoping to view some of the stuff on the Hard disk but when I select the planner it searches for programmes but never ends as there is no dish.

I was hoping there might be an engineers fix for this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Normally I'd say no but apparently there was an update that now allows the Sky+ box limited access to its planner when no incoming signal is present. However, I believe this is only accessible for up to an hour after disconnection. It was brought in to prevent interuptions to viewing recordings if the satellite signal goes down during bad weather, etc.

zappo

Novice Member
Thanks Neil

Does anyone else have an idea of how to get around this?

There must be something otherwise every engineers bay would need a sat feed.

B

Bluevanman

There must be something otherwise every engineers bay would need a sat feed.
The ones that need it do have.Once the box is disconnected from the dish you cannot access any of the recorded material without at least a signal on input 1.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom