Sky+ with Digisender - remote hiccups

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DigiNovice, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DigiNovice

DigiNovice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I recently had Sky+ installed in my lounge and wanted to simultaneously watch it in my kitchen so bought the AEI Digisender X2, which has given me a good enough picture. The problem I have encounted is with the remote ...

... It does work, but very temperamentally. When I dangle the magic eye in front of the Sky+ box, it by and large allows me to change channel from the kitchen (although may not always be as responsive as you would expect). But when I try and use the remote in the lounge, I believe I am getting interference from the eye (it does things like responding twice to pressing the up or down arrow). This can be immediately fixed by moving the eye out of the way, but then that means I can't change channels in the kitchen.

I suppose I could move the eye to and from the front of the Sky+ box depending on where I need to change channels, but then that kind of negates the point of having a roaming remote control facility!!!

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

2. damianpadden

damianpadden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

i am having the same prob turned off the digisender and the remote then works fine. I have heard that you could turn of the background music(thats was in another thread in this forum).

Not sure about a perm fix but turning off the digi sender until you need to used it is a fix for me.

Damo

3. DigiNovice

DigiNovice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I guess switching it off would work, but I'm really looking for a less clunky solution. Put it down to laziness in not wanting to keep walking from room to room :)