Sky with communal dish?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by L11, Sep 30, 2005.

1. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The house i live in has a sky point already installed, there's no dish on the house so i can only assume there is a communal dish somewhere (i've tested it with an old sky box and it works).. I'm due to have sky 'installed' on monday, is it as simple as just giving me a box and card and plugging into what the point i already have?

p.s I signed up on monday and the person on the phone said they'd send me a confirmation letter between 5 and 10 days or something like that, i found it quite weird that i may get a confirmation letter on the date of installation and subscribtion AFTER i already have it installed.. :confused:

Also, does the sky rf out to that tv link, output it widescreen?

2. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +371
    Often even when you don't want it to!!!!! You are supposed to be able to change the outputs for RF1 and RF2 between 4:3 and 16:9 (so I have my main telly and my bedroom widescreen running off RF1 with my harman kardon multiroom and the other lounge and the kitchen off RF2 with one magic eye) but it just seems to be 16:9 most of the time......

3. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    You set the menu so it gives widescreen to the Living room and 4:3 to all other rooms "on request". The "request" requires it to get a remote signal through RF2. Since you've connected your bedroom to RF1 by mistake, this ain't gonna happen!

You should connect RF2 to an amplified splitter and use that to feed kitchen and bedroom.

See http://sam-radford.me.uk/tvlink.htm